lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2018, 06:34 AM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Winch battery

can someone recommend a good small battery. My plan is to put the battery and winch both on the hitch. That way i can use it in the fron or back. I probably would not even take it with me most of the time unless i was by myself. The battery i was looking at were mighty max deep cell 12 volt 55ah but it weighs 40lbs so that and the winch together in my receiver hitch would be a bit heavy. Thanks Jerry
It’s a warn 3000lb winch
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Winch battery

Yep. It takes lots of juice to power a decent winch for any length of pull. Unless you can set up a lithium pack, you are looking at probably close to 100 pound setup with bracket, winch and battery.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I think I'd just mount my battery in the tray/rear bagwell and run power contact points for the winch to the front and rear of the cart. That's a lot of weight to move around.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I could do that and use alligator clips to power it i just thought if i could get a small light lithium battery maybe I would go that route. The way technology is today i thought maybe there was something out there.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I'd probably run an Anderson connector instead of clips to get a good connection with the amp draw a winch is capable of and plus it'll be a pretty weather tight connection. SB175 connector should suffice.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #6
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Yep. It takes lots of juice to power a decent winch for any length of pull. Unless you can set up a lithium pack, you are looking at probably close to 100 pound setup with bracket, winch and battery.
So if you don’t mind me asking what battery did you use to power your winch.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't have a winch on my cart but do have one on the deckover trailer used to pull my fathers pulling tractor in case it is unable to load itself. Use a regular [Interstate] deep cycle marine [1000mca] to power it.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #8
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

I just bought two U1 size 12v 35ah batteries to run in parallel for my stereo system. I keep them in the bagwell. One larger battery would not fit with my drop in cooler/storage bin in the max5 rear seat. But not sure if that is enough power for a winch.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:23 AM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

You likely have room under the seat for a full size 12-V battery. That's where I keep my 12-V battery in my EZ-GO. I have a front winch and rear winch wired to the 12-V, along with the stock headlights and a 24" LED light bar.

I don't run all of those at once, but I do winch my cart on and off my pickup truck bed every time I take it "out". The battery has lasted a good 5 years at this point and I recharge it with a quality 15amp charger.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car