lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
coachgkj
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need help wiring a starter generator to Predator 420 in Ezgo TXT

Can anyone help me with wiring the starter generator to the Predator 420? I have a 97 ezgo txt and searched the forums extensively for info.
Ive seen some talk about removing the starter assembly from the 420. and covering it with a plate. Can i just leave it in and bypass it?
The starter is still in but i removed the coil. Do i need it on the engine if i have a starter generator?
coachgkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help wiring a starter generator to Predator 420 in Ezgo TXT

Bypass it.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You need the ignition coil under the shrouding on the flywheel (on new engine), but you don't need the starter or solenoid if you are not going to use it. You can leave it there, some people remove to give more room in some carts that need it. The stock cart starter/gen will work pretty much the way it is once you mount the gen to spin the clone over. You want to leave the wiring in for that. I don't remember if the txt has a magneto ignition, if it does you can hook the kill wire to the clone.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
arredondo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I can send you some pictures on how I wired my predator, you can leave the stock predator starter in place . I have a push button for the starter/ generator and a key start for the predator starter. its simple wiring
arredondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
coachgkj2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by arredondo View Post
I can send you some pictures on how I wired my predator, you can leave the stock predator starter in place . I have a push button for the starter/ generator and a key start for the predator starter. its simple wiring
Thanks that would be great i have been trying for a week now to post reply to your thread found out that they font allow gmail anymore. now im back lol. if you can send to my address on this post i would be grateful.
coachgkj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:23 AM   #6
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's what I did too. Didn't see any reason to remove the clone starter. I left everything the way it was and just added a HD starter button for the generator. Key switch has to be on for both but I can choose which way to start the engine. It's good insurance. If anything goes wrong with the gennie I can use the clone starter.

I haven't wired it into the charging circuit yet. The wimpy charging system on the clone seems to keep up fine for start ups but I wanna put a winch on the cart so I'll hook it up when I do that.

Quote:
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #7
kandnbroxson
Not Yet Wild

If you could send me the pics on how to wire it I’d be greatful
kandnbroxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:07 AM   #8
avw25057
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If you could figure out a way, I would like that wiring set up also. Thanks
avw25057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:18 AM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Here is Vegas Carts instructions for their clone install with the starter/gen, might be some help?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3v...KiQm9CTHa/view
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yamaha has a stickie post for stock wiring, for a generator you use that (or your stock cart brand) nothing changes except how to kill the clone.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps