lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #1
weekster
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 12V Winch Battery

I have a 12v 2500 lb ATV winch I want to mount on my cart. It draws too many amps (135 at peak) to use a voltage reducer, so I need to get a Aux battery. I am overwhelmed with choices. The winch manual says to get at least a 12 Ah battery but I can't find any lithium choices that produce enough amps.

That probably leaves me with a deep cycle 12V, but even those choices are overwhelming. Would something like this work?

https://www.amazon.com/Weize-Recharg.../dp/B07SJRR8TZ

If it would work, is it possible to charge the 12v battery from the 12v reducer off my 48v lithium pack?

Maybe a better question would be what suggestions would folks have for this kind of setup?
weekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 12V Winch Battery

I also had the problem. Best to use 12v deep cycle battery and use 12 volt charger for it when needed. Not really any other logical solution. Will not be able to charge off lithium pack.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

What you have linked to will likely work. But for a few dollars more you can get a name brand...(well a name brand that I know) that will work for ya. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CLPOQM...d_asin_0_title

Just my $0.02 but I always go with a brand name I know.....unless it's been bought out in the recent past.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 10:20 PM   #4
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

I know this is an old post but I have to say I am grateful for ya'll going before me. Same question I had tonight.. ordered my winch and lights for cart ( roof lights) and don't want to have to be concerned about the converter..for lights or winch etc. thanks for posting the questions..
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:21 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You wouldn't have a problem with converter for the lights, it's the winch that would pull too many amps for the converter.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:29 PM   #6
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Bama Brad, Yes I plan to use the converter for the lights only and actually have decided to put a 12v/100ah AGM in the 4rth battery position to power the winch and the roof lights and 110v converter and sound bar.. Question could I also drop a lead from the 48-12> to the AGM battery to keep it topped off from the converter? Hopefully what makes sense
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:48 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You need a proper charger to keep the battery topped off. Don't connect the 12V directly. FIrst off most converters put out about 13.5V not 12. You need the proper charge profile if you want that battery to last.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:13 AM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I just charge my 12 volt battery when I charge lithium battery. Not that much more trouble and I don't use my winch that often.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:17 AM   #9
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why not just buy a 48v winch in the first place. No extra battery and chargers to f@#$ with and lots of power for long pulls.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:17 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Why not just buy a 48v winch in the first place. No extra battery and chargers to f@#$ with and lots of power for long pulls.
Well, that's a good suggestion. But (always a but) in my case because of using my cart for hunting and being "out there" I sort of thought if my cart breaks, it may...or may not....have to do with the batteries.

So, for the sake of a backup, and frankly it's easy to keep charged, I went with the separate Marine battery. Then again, I use my winch every time I take my cart out hunting. I winch it on and off my truck bed. I like the power capacity of the pack to be used for traveling.

But that's not everyone's situation.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car