lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
lr3guyjoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car 48v powerdrive to lifepo4?

My parents have an early 90s stock 48v prowerdrive Club Car. The Trojans just took a dump and I don’t see the point in spending the money to just replace them in kind. They only use the cart to drive around the yard, take the trash out and once in a while up to the grocery store (5 miles round trip). Ideally I’d like to maybe up the range to 15 miles so they can go to some other places around town with out worry.

Can you more seasoned pros recommend a basics set up? Based on what I’m reading on here it looks like I want 30-60ah.

They have the factory powerdrive charger that came with the cart. I’ve seen lots of stuff about charge profiles. But can’t seem to find an answer on if we can use the factory charger? They are not looking to fast charge it. Can we use the original charger if this is the case?

Lastly is it just a matter of dropping in the new battery? Nothing needs to be changed electronically in the cart? I’ve seen something about the OBC bypass but I think the cart is to old to need this?

Thanks in advanced for the help/insight.
lr3guyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2021, 08:30 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Club Car 48v powerdrive to lifepo4?

You can't use the factory charger for Lithium. You will need a charger designed for the type of lithium batterys you use. They are not all the same. Just noticed that you said LiFePO4 so that is the charger profile you need.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 06:02 PM   #3
anpgator
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr3guyjoe View Post
My parents have an early 90s stock 48v prowerdrive Club Car. The Trojans just took a dump and I don’t see the point in spending the money to just replace them in kind. They only use the cart to drive around the yard, take the trash out and once in a while up to the grocery store (5 miles round trip). Ideally I’d like to maybe up the range to 15 miles so they can go to some other places around town with out worry.

Can you more seasoned pros recommend a basics set up? Based on what I’m reading on here it looks like I want 30-60ah.

They have the factory powerdrive charger that came with the cart. I’ve seen lots of stuff about charge profiles. But can’t seem to find an answer on if we can use the factory charger? They are not looking to fast charge it. Can we use the original charger if this is the case?

Lastly is it just a matter of dropping in the new battery? Nothing needs to be changed electronically in the cart? I’ve seen something about the OBC bypass but I think the cart is to old to need this?

Thanks in advanced for the help/insight.
I have a 95 DS series with factory controller and dropped in the RoyPow 56AH lithium. Only truly "range tested" once and got about 16 miles on a full charge, with 95% of that being WOT (23mph). Not bad for a $1200 solution including charger. Admittedly I was a dealer for RoyPow at the time and that was dealer cost.
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:57 AM   #4
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

how long you been running the 56ah in stock ds? any issues? amperage cut out? ever take 4 people in the cart? thanks for info thinking of the 56ah in my stock 95ds 48v.
Ottawaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium