lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default wobble nuts (variance nuts) for 4x100 rim

4x4 is just 1.6mm off from 4x100mm. 4x100mm is a common car rim size. So I looked online and saw "wobble studs" where the angled face of the stud used to hold the wheels on some imports is a loose washer. So the angled face can be slightly offcenter from the rest of the bolt, allowing them to use wheels with a slightly different bolt pattern.

I looked for wobble nuts to use on a golf cart, but the only 'wobble nuts' I found were metric thread.

So I was thinking of cutting the angled face off of a car lug nut and then just using a normal 1/2 inch nut on my golf cart studs with some blue lock tight.

Anybody ever tried anything like this before? It may be easier to just re-drill the wheels. It's not a good idea to do on cars, but carts aren't going to be doing 100mph and 1.7G turns. I may just be a little off my nut...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: wobble nuts (variance nuts) for 4x100 rim

To redrill the wheels,you will have to weld up the holes,Redrilling the existing-holes(oblonging them)won't work,unless you get Uni-Lug Nuts,like were used by Mfg such as Cragar or Keystone.Uni-Lugs have a slotted-hole in the rim,and the Lugs have a shank that locates in the wheel,to prevent it from shifting.There are a bunch of wheels out there that are the correct bolt-pattern,even car rims.Chevy Monza/Vega,Some Jap,and European Imports also use the same 4x4" pattern(4 on 101.5mm).Yamaha Carts use metric wheel-studs,so if you have a Yami,the "Wobble-Nuts" will fit,if the thread is sized correctly.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

have you tried the wheels on the cart yet? they just might fit.

rusty
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nope, I haven't tried them on the cart yet because I haven't bought them yet. I was looking online to find some wheels I liked when I came across the wobble nut idea. If that works, then a trip to the local salvage yard should set me right.

1.5mm is small, no matter where you measure from... So I think you are right I am probably just overthinking this.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car rim, car tire, car wheel, variance nut, wobble nut
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts