lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
jmill
Not Yet Wild

Angry no power

i just took out my cart for the first time today cents the weather here in mi. was 60 degrees, and was the first time cents the the new top end. it started, and took off very slow for about 20- 30 feet and stopped, tryed to start it for about 5 - 10 min, and a couple of times i got it going a little bit but really no power, finally did a compresstion test when i got it back into the garage and that read between 110- 115. any ideas???? thanks joel
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: no power

Did you put the piston in with the holes towards the intake? If thats a yes try running it with the muffler loose to see if its clogged up. last thing If you didn't replace the crank seals that may be the problem, if those are bad your fuel pump and intake won't work right and your engine will starve for gas
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
jmill
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: no power

hey ruredy, thanks so much for your help it was the muffler, and any ideas were to get a custom exhaust ????? (85 ezgo 244 robin)
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

No ideas on where to find custom exhaust for those things, I try not 2 deal with 2 strokes 2 much
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

I would recommend sticking with the original muffler. A lot of times, the issue is that it is simply clogged up with carbon. A muffler BBQ usually solves the problem. Just take it out of the cart and place it into a hot fire. The carbon will burn out and it should be free flowing again.

Did it used to smoke bad when the engine got to temperature? It is common for older 2-strokes to do that.
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO