lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
WeagleEagle
Not Yet Wild

Default Do all club car carts come with an onboard charger?

I have no idea about carts but have been looking at rebuilding one that is piled up at my apartment complex. I look at this as a good thing that it is in such bad shape because I can buy it cheap and build it the way that I like. Only thing is that I haven't got to look it over good yet because it is not mine and I'm trying to figure out what it will cost me to build it right. With that being said, do these carts usually come with and internal or external charger? I have noticed that this will probably be a $300-500 purchase if needed.
WeagleEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Do all club car carts come with an onboard charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeagleEagle View Post
I have no idea about carts but have been looking at rebuilding one that is piled up at my apartment complex. I look at this as a good thing that it is in such bad shape because I can buy it cheap and build it the way that I like. Only thing is that I haven't got to look it over good yet because it is not mine and I'm trying to figure out what it will cost me to build it right. With that being said, do these carts usually come with and internal or external charger? I have noticed that this will probably be a $300-500 purchase if needed.
External is the rule of thumb.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
WeagleEagle
Not Yet Wild

ok. thanks.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All of the Carts have external chargers but the 48v carts have an on-board computer...... that maybe was the question?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to find out what year it is also and if it runs or not before putting a lot of money into it.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
WeagleEagle
Not Yet Wild

yeah, I'm waiting to see if they will sell it at all and then I was going to see if they would let me go look it over good before I paid for it. I'm sure that its going to need new batteries before it'll do anything. I really don't know how to check if it works other than doing that. I believe its a 48V cart. Do you think there is a chance that the OBC could be bad? Is that what your telling me? The women at the front office don't know what is wrong with it. It doesn't look all that bad but the one time I did glance at it I noticed that the mainenance guys had robbed the shifter off of it for one. I don't know what else. The batteries were still in it. I would imagine that the maintenance guys could give me some idea of what they thought was wrong with it.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

That shifter handle is plastic and inexpensive.If the charging recp. is round its 48volt,if its square its 36volt. look under the dash and you see some #s starting with A and then the next 2 #s should be the year and so on.this will give you an idea as to what your looking at.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
WeagleEagle
Not Yet Wild

ok. thanks. They actually took the hole shifter though. I've found that it's around $100. So no big deal there either.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car