lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
Rootman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Heavy Duty Leaf Springs

I’m stretching several 2013 CC Precedents using the Madjax kit which is a clone to the OEM version. Most will be for four passengers all facing forward, but three carts will be set up with the additional rear facing seats for a total of six passengers.

I’m going to install jounce stops under the rear axle as an insurance policy against excessive weight, but I’d like to replace the leaf springs with heavier duty ones.

Question: what leaf spring you recommend for the four passenger carts? Would you use an even beefier spring for the six passenger? Finally, where can I buy the extended u-bolts that I’ll need to hold it all together?

Thanks a lot for your input.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Heavy Duty Leaf Springs

ATV front shocks are like load levelers with adjustable tension.
They are coil over style. Use them to replace the original shocks. Leave the leaf spring as is. I found that Suzuki Eiger front shocks/springs were bolt on on a G2 rear. Lot of travel allows cutting the spring to be cut to height without binding the shock. To a point anyway. They are cheap on ebay

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:26 AM   #3
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Get the progressive rate rear springs for all the carts, they ride very nice. The 4 pass will need them also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
Rootman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I ordered a set of Sterling progressive rate HD springs for the rear. I’ll test them out and report back. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
Nickelpede
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just installed a set of heavy duty leafs from buggies unlimited. They came with the longer u bolts. And 6 sets of bushing. I'm struggling on how to install the bushings on the top of the rear hanger. It looks like either take off the body or use a hole saw to cut the fire glass in the bag well.. They raised the rear height from 11" to 13". They are 4 leafs. The original was 1 leaf.
Nickelpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:31 AM   #6
Rootman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Please send us a picture
Old 10-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #7
swm63
Gone Wild

You don't have to cut, just remove the rear bumper, and the bolts in the bottom of the bag well. You can then 'finesse' it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelpede View Post
I just installed a set of heavy duty leafs from buggies unlimited. They came with the longer u bolts. And 6 sets of bushing. I'm struggling on how to install the bushings on the top of the rear hanger. It looks like either take off the body or use a hole saw to cut the fire glass in the bag well.. They raised the rear height from 11" to 13". They are 4 leafs. The original was 1 leaf.
swm63 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaf spring, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car