lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
kfortier5
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Identify Two Broken Wires (99 DS 48v)

Hi Everyone. I have a '99 DS, 48v, Series cart. It doesn't current run or take a charge (cart does not acknowledge the charger is connected). I've read a lot and have a couple things in mind as to the cause (needs new batteries and possibly an OBC/smart charger).

I have discovered two broken wires, so before I dig too deep with troubleshooting the charging system issues, I'd like to identify what they are and where they should be connected. There is no obvious counterpart for either broken wire.

I am posting two pictures below. The first is a red wire with the head broken off. It's running from the FNR switch. The second is a head with no wire which is attached to the controller (just below the purple wire).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Wiring diagrams for these two parts would be helpful too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Wire from FNR Switch.jpg (151.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg No Wire Coming Off Controller Post.jpg (124.6 KB, 0 views)
kfortier5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help Identify Two Broken Wires (99 DS 48v)

Look in stickies for wiring diagrams. On page 2, CTD posted a color wiring diagram for your cart.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...iagrams-2.html
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
kfortier5
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for that, Muddog. Must have skipped over that diagram. PS: hope you're dry where you're at in Carolina.

For the FNR Switch: based on the diagram, it looks like the wire I'm looking at is on the second limit switch. The diagram does not show a solid red wire coming off that switch, but my setup has one (pictured above). It looks like the red wire has a broken head, but maybe it's just crimped off and not necessary? Can anyone confirm that?

For the Controller: based on the diagram it looks like the post I'm looking at should only have two Blacks, one Purple and one Red/White. That's what's there, but there is also broken head with no wire... not sure why that's there, but can I assume there isn't supposed to be anything connected to it?
kfortier5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

I do not believe that wire is used on MS.
You should have a green wire going from controller to motor.
Motor A1 To A1 on controller.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car