lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #1
dsrider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Is Controller blown after 1 battery was installed backwards?

Trying to clean up a connection during battery maintenance and re-installed a battery backwards. There was a small spark but not much. Batteries are now on correctly and charged up but no response after key is turned on and foot pedal is pressed. Not sure what could have been damaged.
dsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is Controller blown after 1 battery was installed backwards?

Welcome to BGGW - can you ID the cart by serial number?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Is Controller blown after 1 battery was installed backwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrider View Post
Trying to clean up a connection during battery maintenance and re-installed a battery backwards.
Don't feel all alone. I've had several customers carts come in lately with at least 1 battery in the stack wired in backwards. I haven't had any of them with controller damage, but the batteries in question were toast after having been run & charged in reverse polarity. I tried babying them back on an a separate 6 volt charger, but they would not come all the way back and had to be replaced.

Controllers can be touchy, so it's always possible to damage one, but check your small wire connections (solenoid, ignition switch, etc) and fuses first.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car