lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
rommel51
Not Yet Wild

Default What's the weight limit on a stock club car

Thinking of buying a 2001 club car. What is the weight limit on this stock cart? Also what is the one thing that can be added to make it go a little faster?
rommel51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What's the weight limit on a stock club car

Serial number?

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
rommel51
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Serial number?

That I don't have right now. Still in talks of buying it. I would like to add a rear seat and still have enough power to drive around up small hill and through grass.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !

The weight limit on a stock club car is Me (175lbs) and a twelve pack Just kidding, you have to figure Club Car designed them to carry 2, 200lb golfers plus two loaded golf bags, say 100 lbs between the two bags, a little sand bucket for divot repair, and a twelve pack, you gotta consider 12 pack weight for whatever your loading Common sense tells me at least 500 lbs , but i'm guessing brother ! Is it gas or electric????
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

They can pull 800lbs
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #6
rommel51
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
The weight limit on a stock club car is Me (175lbs) and a twelve pack Just kidding, you have to figure Club Car designed them to carry 2, 200lb golfers plus two loaded golf bags, say 100 lbs between the two bags, a little sand bucket for divot repair, and a twelve pack, you gotta consider 12 pack weight for whatever your loading Common sense tells me at least 500 lbs , but i'm guessing brother ! Is it gas or electric????
It's an electric 48v.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:14 PM   #7
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel51 View Post
It's an electric 48v.
You might not want that cart. How many batteries does it have ? Ask the seller how old the batteries are and look for proof of that. But one never knows if they were properly maintained , meaning were they properly broken in when installed, was it on a charger ALL the time when cart not being used. Alot of variables i'm learning about to owning / buying one of these things and replacing the batteries is big bucks 6-7 hundred. Read the STICKY- " Everything to do with batteries" and use that knowledge to pick the brain of the seller. He might unwittingly tell you things that might make you think about maybe having to replace the battery pack. I'm hearing the 4 battery,4 12volt 48 volt configuration is bad and people revert to converting them into 6 ,8 volt packs,48 volt. I'm no expert on this stuff so others may chime in and help you i hope. Some carts you should run from and the know it alls here will tell you what to stay away from . Just ask them
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM   #8
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Have the seller supply the serial number. A lot of times (probably unintentional) older carts are sold as newer ones.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #9
rommel51
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for you thoughts guys.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car