lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Default Identify The Wires (Alltrax Upgrade)

I am almost finished with my Alltrax xtc upgrade in my 15 Club Car precedent. I need some help figuring out where the following wires go:

1) Pink wire with blue female connection, connected to my main + cable. I am replacing the cable so I assume I need to just bring it out to the main positive terminal?

2) 4 pin connector. No place for it to plug into the new Alltrax controller. Is it not needed?

3) Red wire that has a yellow post connector on the end. Looks like it runs off a fuse? Maybe back into the negative on the diode?

Thanks a ton!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
i.weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Identify The Wires (Alltrax Upgrade)

Both of those wires terminate on the Solenoid big post on the battery side.

The one with pink wire is the Tow/Run switch power and the one with the 30 amp fuse is the positive from the charger receptacle.

The 4-pin connector is not used with the Alltrax Controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Both of those wires terminate on the Solenoid big post on the battery side.

The one with pink wire is the Tow/Run switch power and the one with the 30 amp fuse is the positive from the charger receptacle.

The 4-pin connector is not used with the Alltrax Controller.
Thank you! By big post batt side, you mean the negative side that runs to the main positive terminal?

I have one more for you. Black wire with yellow post connector on it. Any idea? See below.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Both of the Solenoid big posts are Positive, but yes, it goes on the side where the pack positive battery cable is connected.

You also connect the band/stripe side of the Regen diode on that same post.

The 10ga black wire goes to Controller B-, it is the negative wire from charger receptacle.

Put the pack negative cable first on Controller B-, then place the other negative wires on top.

On Controller B+ put the motor cable first and then the cable from Solenoid on top.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:43 PM   #5
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Both of the Solenoid big posts are Positive, but yes, it goes on the side where the pack positive battery cable is connected.

You also connect the band/stripe side of the Regen diode on that same post.

The 10ga black wire goes to Controller B-, it is the negative wire from charger receptacle.

Put the pack negative cable first on Controller B-, then place the other negative wires on top.

On Controller B+ put the motor cable first and then the cable from Solenoid on top.
Big thank you man!

Here is a picture of my solenoid. The band on the diode is facing the terminal that is connected to the B- on the controller. Do I need to swap the diode?

Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, the side with the band goes on the pack positive post, not on the B+ side.

Also, put the big cables first on the solenoid then the other cables and the diode goes last.

On the Solenoid coil terminals, the smaller flyback diode side with the band goes with the light blue wire.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:08 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just noticed the + on top of the Solenoid, that Solenoid has magnetic blowouts so the pack positive cable and the other two red wires need to go on the big post on the side with +.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:55 PM   #8
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I just noticed the + on top of the Solenoid, that Solenoid has magnetic blowouts so the pack positive cable and the other two red wires need to go on the big post on the side with +.
Sergio, any reason the positive and negative charging wires cant just be extended to the main pos and neg of the batt pack? This is what Alltrax is suggesting. They are telling me there is no reason to charge through the other components.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OEM connections are Solenoid and Controller B-, but there is no real advantage as long as you keep your battery area clean and acid neutralized.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #10
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Well I did something wrong because once I had it all back together, the cart jerks forward in small slow bursts and then nothing. Also reverse and forward seem to be swapped. God, I really need some help here! [emoji23]

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car