lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
KeysCart
Not Yet Wild

Question '95 Club Car DS - New batteries, still won't drive

A friend recently gave me a 1995 Club Car DS 48V. Only catch was it would not run, he believed all it needed was new batteries. His story was he ran it dead, the charger would not kick on, and he left it dead for months.

The cart came with six dead 8v Trojan batteries. I manually charged each one, then used a PowerDrive2 charger, and the cart still would not run. The trojan batteries would not hold a charge and would only show ~6v.

Today, I purchased six brand new 8v Crown batteries. To my disappointment, once connected the cart still did not move. I charged the cart for 4 hours now and still not running. Each batteries reads approximately 8.6 volts. (one thing I noticed is the PowerDrive2 charger never kicked off)

The battery condition meter is "full" on the far right.

I can hear the solenoid click when the F/R lever is in forward and I press the pedal. However, when in reverse the solenoid does not click. The reverse buzzer does work if turned all the way in the R position. But if I turn the lever all the way past the F position, it also buzzed. The F/R lever feels like it is able to turn too much in each direction. Leading me to believe the F/R lever is possibly faulty?

I believe the key switch is working because the solenoid will only click if the key is in the ON position.

Let me know what else I could check, or what might need to be replaced?

Thanks
KeysCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2018, 09:26 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: '95 Club Car DS - New batteries, still won't drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysCart View Post
Each batteries reads approximately 8.6 volts. (one thing I noticed is the PowerDrive2 charger never kicked off) This is comlety normal for new batteries. They will many times take the full 16+ hours to fully charge them back up and the OBC will cut the Powerdrive off at 16 hours.

The battery condition meter is "full" on the far right. Normal

I can hear the solenoid click when the F/R lever is in forward and I press the pedal. However, when in reverse the solenoid does not click. The reverse buzzer does work if turned all the way in the R position. But if I turn the lever all the way past the F position, it also buzzed. The F/R lever feels like it is able to turn too much in each direction. Leading me to believe the F/R lever is possibly faulty It does sound like it but also check the micro-switches on the back of it

I believe the key switch is working because the solenoid will only click if the key is in the ON position. Yes
See above and read the attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Guide.pdf (45.4 KB, 0 views)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
KeysCart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. The cart is still charging, it still won't run. I went ahead and ordered a new solenoid and microswitches, just incase. I double checked my wiring with a diagram and everything seems to be in the right place, and clean of corrosion.

One thing I still find odd is in forward the solenoid does click, but in reverse (with beep) it does not click. Also if I put the lever a click past forward, it beeps. Could that be a sign of a bad F/R switch?
Old 07-29-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The FNR switch is shot and the cams are not making up the micro-switches when selecting reverse. Your contacts are not transferring power thru the switch... New needed for sure.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:34 PM   #5
KeysCart
Not Yet Wild

Ok. I tried attaching a photo of my F/R switch. I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly which one I need to purchase for a 1995. I saw there are regular and “heavy duty” switches, and a lot of them say 1996-newer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B1ECABF5-3F61-43A6-BB7B-D3E252A9C287.jpg (18.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-29-2018, 03:14 PM   #6
KeysCart
Not Yet Wild

Well, it seems after research that the Heavy Duty F/R switch (CC92F) is the way to go. Looking at purchasing it from carts unlimited.

But I did notice that one of the microswitches has three connectors, unlike my current switch that only has two.

Old 07-29-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Ok. I tried attaching a photo of my F/R switch. I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly which one I need to purchase for a 1995. I saw there are regular and “heavy duty” switches, and a lot of them say 1996-newer.
Check here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/f...verse-switches and call David (TahoeDawgZ71) if you have any questions. He is open to the calls today until 1100 PM
Old 07-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Well, it seems after research that the Heavy Duty F/R switch (CC92F) is the way to go. Looking at purchasing it from carts unlimited.

But I did notice that one of the microswitches has three connectors, unlike my current switch that only has two.
It is probably a NO/NC micro-switch so you can set it up either way. I know scottyb supplies a drawing with his to help you.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
KeysCart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It is probably a NO/NC micro-switch so you can set it up either way. I know scottyb supplies a drawing with his to help you.
I just sent Scotty an email to double check before buying it. Thanks.

Go Noles!
Old 07-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #10
KeysCart
Not Yet Wild

On a side note, the Powerdrive2 charger turned off. Looks like batteries are fully charged and the OBC works correctly? Will keep you posted after I replace parts. Thanks again for the help.

Tags
club car, new batteries, won't go, won't run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car