lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
KeysCart
Not Yet Wild

Question '95 Club Car DS - New batteries, still won't drive

A friend recently gave me a 1995 Club Car DS 48V. Only catch was it would not run, he believed all it needed was new batteries. His story was he ran it dead, the charger would not kick on, and he left it dead for months.

The cart came with six dead 8v Trojan batteries. I manually charged each one, then used a PowerDrive2 charger, and the cart still would not run. The trojan batteries would not hold a charge and would only show ~6v.

Today, I purchased six brand new 8v Crown batteries. To my disappointment, once connected the cart still did not move. I charged the cart for 4 hours now and still not running. Each batteries reads approximately 8.6 volts. (one thing I noticed is the PowerDrive2 charger never kicked off)

The battery condition meter is "full" on the far right.

I can hear the solenoid click when the F/R lever is in forward and I press the pedal. However, when in reverse the solenoid does not click. The reverse buzzer does work if turned all the way in the R position. But if I turn the lever all the way past the F position, it also buzzed. The F/R lever feels like it is able to turn too much in each direction. Leading me to believe the F/R lever is possibly faulty?

I believe the key switch is working because the solenoid will only click if the key is in the ON position.

Let me know what else I could check, or what might need to be replaced?

Thanks
KeysCart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, new batteries, won't go, won't run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car