lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default what can you tell me based on serial number?

Serial # 2532862 date code is k1207

I dont currently have access to the the cart but I know its an 07 txt with the f/r beneath the seat.Im guessing its not PDS which is what I was hoping for for ease of upgrading. If its infact the other system what are the pros and cons. I want to lift it and do all the standard upgrades. Any advice is appreciated.
THEPISTONHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: what can you tell me based on serial number?

That serial number comes back as TXT Standard, 36v.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Series carts produce more torque than PDS carts and less heat under load. It's a good choice for an off road cart or campground cruiser.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good info. Any negatives to it? Any recommended upgrades performance/electronics wise when I lift it? Any idea what I should expect to see for speed both stock and lifted?

Guys.....thanks for the help! I'm new to EZ-GO and don't want to go the wrong route!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

A series buggy is more expensive to upgrade. Read my sig to see what I did with mine. Stock tires yield me more than 37.6 MPH downhill with the wind behind me. Bigger tires will give me more speed, JohnnyB has a spreadsheet with speed and running distance.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
rib33024

a series cart is a good cart to start with, what do you want this cart for, street? woods tell us what will it be used for, how old are the batteries
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Pistonhead, although mine is a '06, its is the same as yours in all reality. What you need to do, before you start actually start the upgrade process, it to truly determine what you want to do with it, and what you want as a end result. ask yourself some questions:

1. Where you intend to use the cart, is it flat, hilly, in-between?
2. will it be used for street use (neighborhood or campground)?
3. will it be used for off-road use?
4. how fast do you want it to go?
5. do I want/need to up-grade to 48v?

All of the above are questions you need to think about before you start buying stuff.

You stated that you are going to be lifting it ...... which tell me you will be putting larger tires on it. so if you plan on making your cart very reliable, also means you will be up-grading nearly all of the drive system (controller, solenoid, f&r switch, high current cables).

With a Series drive, you won't get any more speed, other than the slight bump going to larger tires. if you need or want more speed than stock, you will need to upgrade the motor, depending on how you intend to use the cart, as to what kind of upgrade you will need.

you can look at my sig......its all that I have done to upgrade mine. I am using lifted, can run the neighborhood/campgrounds, I do a little off roading, however its is just grassy pasture getting to and from fishing holes. and I wanted to get where I am going as fast as I could. Mine is still 36v, but the main reason for that is I had already bought a complete set of new batteries before I started, and hadn't found BGW, OR I may have opted to go 48v.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #8
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It comes down to this , series - higher torque , lower speed approx 15 - 19 mph
Without huge upgrades - PDS cart - sepex drive 20 - 25 mph , lower torque- without huge upgrades
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post

With a Series drive, you won't get any more speed, other than the slight bump going to larger tires. if you need or want more speed than stock, you will need to upgrade the motor, depending on how you intend to use the cart, as to what kind of upgrade you will need.
Or increase voltage from 36 to 48. I got a big increase in speed from my my stock 36 volt motor by going to 48. I'm never satisfied, so I went to a HS 36/48 volt motor, with the highest RPM available.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
THEPISTONHEAD
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its for our place at the lake. Its flat mostly. Occasionally the travel could be a mile to a friends.....that's where I would like a little speed. Nothing crazy. Booze cruiser mostly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO