lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New to me Melex Mini T

Hi All, I just got my new to me golf cart. I am normally over at the EZ Go side with my old 88 resister cart, but I just picked up a 1995 Mini T. From the plate in the cab it is made in Hungary in 1995 and is the 10 one made that year. I search the web and found the company now goes by Melex. So here I am. It runs, but very slow, but my questions are:
Do part from club car or ezgo match up with this ?
I want to convert to a 72v any one do this or similar ?
Is it worth it ?
Any resource web sites beside the melex company page ?

here is a quick pic, but will post more later with questions on the motor as I have never seen one like it.

aloha
joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg melex mini T.jpg (82.3 KB, 15 views)
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me Melex Mini T

Many voltage upgrades have been done.... Post some pics of the battery bay, the motor, and controller that are in it now and any specific info you can give on them.... also try to figure out how the throttle input is configured.

P.S.
It looks great
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me Melex Mini T

ok, here are some more pics. You can see the motor detail and battery stuff and the tag in the cab also. The cart is in good condition, and the motor/axel mount looks way more beefy than my ezgo. motor is bigger also. It is a controller cart with a celma 2.1hp motor and curtis controller. Was told the frame was based on a fiat 128 spider. It has fiat spider hydrolic brakes on all four wheels so stops way better than my ezgo :-) It currently runs real slow and pressing the accelerator is really stiff. what is the springs located on the back end of the motor ?

thanks
joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg melex2.jpg (85.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg melex3.jpg (126.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg melex4.jpg (92.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg melex5.jpg (96.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg melex6.jpg (114.5 KB, 11 views)
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex