lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 AM   #41
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Re: Big Block Decision????

I have a 21 BS and theres not much difference between it and a 18...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #42
jcG9
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred-driver View Post
I'm days away from ordering my big block for my 2000 workhorse. I can't tell you all how pumped up I am. I know I should go for the 23 Vanguard and never look back but when your trying to squeeze the turnip to get the most for your project I start to go crazy. I'm asking for those who have both the 18 and 23 to chime in and give me your experience with your motors and what you like and dislikes about your set up, or what you might have done differently. I plan on using my rig for hunting and general river camp fun. I plan on going with Tom at Dixie for my set up. He has been very helpful on the phone and is always available. Thanks in advance for all your input.

Jimbo
I am in the process of putting 23 vanguard in my Yamaha g9. No problems so far. Have to make the cable from carb to pedal. Everyone wants you to use the govenor, I am not! Will let you know how it turns out. Rev kit and high performance cam, why use a governor?
jcG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #43
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

You can use the governor as a linkage,it makes the throttle setup easier,just dismantle the governor internally in the motor.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #44
Talntedmrgreen
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Congrats! I'm sure that will please you just fine. I couldn't do the 18...the torque #'s on the 23 alone would have kept me up at nights, fearing regret and "what-if's". Speed is not a factor when choosing between them. I have had various other V-twins in garden tractor configurations (Commands, Honda's and Vanny's), and that is one application where the torque shines, and the difference between an 18 and a 23 is clear...you can see and feel it when really working a motor this size.

That 23 is a freakin monster. Sounds like our uses are pretty similar. Mine is 100% hunting camp rig in the fall. 100% lake-house/farm country cruiser in the summer, and a utility vehicle in the snow (except this year...too darn deep)

We camp adjacent to our primary hunting property, and commute by cart to public land, about 4 miles away. My next mod will be gears, so I can bring my rpm down on the road rides and still cruise around 35mph. Some of the two tracks we ride are incredibly steep and challenging, muddy, sandy or rocky. They are a blast, even with 4 adults and gear. The cart will flip itself over or dig a hole to China before it will bog down. I would like to find a solution for running in the snow. I have some spare composite ski's that would probably help me to steer...traction hasn't been an issue with ATV tires, but it pushes like a freight train and only knows one direction....straight.

I did replace my steering box when I put on the long travel front end....I recommend it if yours is sloppy. Mine was a 'little' sloppy and gave out on the trail...talk about an interesting ride home.

Begin squirelling some cash away for GOOD tires if you think your off road travels can use them. The hp doesn't do much good when the tires are packed full of mud. If not good tires, then a winch. I had All Trails for a fewyears and hated them...they became slicks every time I left the pavement. Not much more than turf/floatation tires.
Talntedmrgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 AM   #45
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

where are the pics???
has the motor arrived yet????
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #46
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Big Block Decision????

Well I guess any big block install is better than stock!

I traded for my big block and it's a 20 HP Briggs. I ordered the rev kit and clutch from Tom. The rev kit wouldn't work and I couldn't figure it out. i took the motor a part to see what was inside it and the cam was modified!
Come to find out it's a Bandolero motor built by B&S.

I got it all back together and it had a bad coil but a friend gave me a used one. I will be ordering 2 new ones Monday.
Here it is running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybyVXDsdsW8
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!