lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #11
todwil
TOD WILD

Default Re: Big Block Decision????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred-driver View Post
I know the saying "there's no replacement for displacement". Do any of you guys and gals have any of the mods installed on your 18's? Just wondering.
Jim
Bigred, their's lots of parts available 18hp briggs, cams, roller rocker arms
thin head gaskets, longrods and at least you need to install a rev kit and remove the governor..!!!

Todd
todwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

I think I'm leaning toward the 23 just because it is only $250.00 more. I will just have to take a little more time to build up the funds for the rest of the stuff for the cart. I just get so impatient about these things. When I was a kid I used to build models all the time. I would be gluing the parts togethether while the paint was still wet. I just like to see the finished product as soon as I can. Plus with that motor sitting in that cart I can see myself driving the thing down the street with just the frame and a piece of plywood between my rearend and the pavement. Thanks so much to all of you for the info. I will be delivering my old cart to my buddies house on Thursday and collecting a check then running home to order the 23 with at least the timming advance key for know. My buddy's wife is buying it for him as a Christmas gift, he has no clue. Oh by the way, I've been looking at the videos of members with thier bigblocks and I have to say I have a smile a mile wide just hearing those motors run!! I can only imagine what it will be like having my own.
Thanks again, Jimbo
bigred-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #13
greengobblin
Getting Wild

Club Car

i have the 23 from tom on my club car and its awsome, iv replaced the cam and valve train and also built a custom air intake with a k&n filter. it easily pulls the front tires from a stand still and runs 40+ with the stock gear and
23" tires
greengobblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
todwil
TOD WILD

Quote:
I think I'm leaning toward the 23 just because it is only $250.00 more. I will just have to take a little more time to build up the funds for the rest of the stuff for the cart. I just get so impatient about these things. When I was a kid I used to build models all the time. I would be gluing the parts togethether while the paint was still wet. I just like to see the finished product as soon as I can. Plus with that motor sitting in that cart I can see myself driving the thing down the street with just the frame and a piece of plywood between my rearend and the pavement. Thanks so much to all of you for the info. I will be delivering my old cart to my buddies house on Thursday and collecting a check then running home to order the 23 with at least the timming advance key for know. My buddy's wife is buying it for him as a Christmas gift, he has no clue. Oh by the way, I've been looking at the videos of members with thier bigblocks and I have to say I have a smile a mile wide just hearing those motors run!! I can only imagine what it will be like having my own.
Thanks again, Jimbo

All those same parts fit the 23hp, the more engine the better..!!!!
todwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #15
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I have a K&N filter and timing advance key. I never had it without them though, so I don't know how much they actually help.

The way they sound when revved, I'm a little sheepish about turning too many RPMs out of it.

Ruredy, the Vanguard lines are actually Mitsubishi engines.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #16
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

Have any of you installed the high rev kit youselves? I'm fairly mechanical and know I can do it myself but just want to know what it involves. Also I'm assuming that the 23 hp will give me more pulling power up the hills verses the 18? With hunting and the possibility of hauling a deer out I would benifit from the bigger motor. Oh heck, who am I kidding, I know that I will be ordering the 23 anyway.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #17
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Have any of you installed the high rev kit youselves? I'm fairly mechanical and know I can do it myself but just want to know what it involves. Also I'm assuming that the 23 hp will give me more pulling power up the hills verses the 18? With hunting and the possibility of hauling a deer out I would benifit from the bigger motor. Oh heck, who am I kidding, I know that I will be ordering the 23 anyway.

LOL!!!!

Installation instructions: http://forums.cartpartsplus.com/viewtopic.php?t=392

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #18
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
I have the rev kit with the timing key and would highly recommend adding
these to either the 18 or 23. I also have a CPP stainless header pipe and am
working on an all new dual exhaust setup.
What is a rev kit & timing key? What do they do?
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #19
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

Ron, thanks for the info. This site is by far the most friendly around. Every one jumps at the chance to help anyone. Thanks a bunch.
Jimbo
Old 12-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #20
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Ron, thanks for the info. This site is by far the most friendly around. Every one jumps at the chance to help anyone. Thanks a bunch.
Jimbo
It's because all we big block lovers welcome fellow addicts.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!