lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: What kind of Cart, is 420cc enough?

The rear axle is spun around backwards and the rear springs are gone with the engine cradle mounted to the frame so there is no rear suspension. It must ride hard. But that is how they aligned the pulleys and why the driven pulley is so close to the ground. I have no idea if the rear gears will be properly lubricated this way and it also looks like the front seal is seeping oil. I guess no charging system or brake either. Maybe you are riding it around but IMHO I would think twice about sinking any more $'s in it as there a lot of misdeeds to correct. On page 2 of my sled build you can see clearly how the engine cradle and rear diff are in the stock cart.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2019, 07:14 AM   #12
sXeMike
Gone Wild

Club Car

That motor would have fit without hacking up the bed or turning the rear over. As others have said, the brake was mounted to the center diff behind the driven clutch. It wouldn't be too bad fixing it the right way if you can weld BUT it going to get expensive real quick and the cart still wouldn't be worth much when you're done.

If it were mine, I would find a forward/reverse rear out of a different cart and make it work. Then you would have brakes and reverse.
sXeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I just bumped the thread in the clone section where smalblock built one using a yamaha transaxle. It took a lot of his Fabulous fab work.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #14
FishSkid
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. My brother works at the course here and they have some junk carts laying around. I think a different axle is going to need to happen. I’ve been eyeing a four seater sitting in the golf maintenance yard for a few years but not sure what to offer on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FishSkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #15
FishSkid
Not Yet Wild

Where is the best place to look for a scrap axle and is there a particular one that would work best for me?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It might be easier to buy a roller. IE A cart where the engine is blown. EZGO's and Yamaha's are prime carts for a clone engine swap. If you can find an EZGO or Yamaha 4 stroke rear end that would be another option BUT those rear ends are often pricey and hard to find. If you look at smallblock's engine cradle swap that took a lot of fab work. Many times you can find a roller in the $300-600 range. One of the nearby members here found 3 yamaha G16's with blown engines.Those were in the $300-500 range. In fact the first customer video on a yamaha Vegascarts swap was a G16 the customer bought with a blown engine was $300.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #17
FishSkid
Not Yet Wild

I’m having issues adjusting camber of front wheels/tires. There is only an upper control arm on each side and leaf springs across the front. Wheels turn great but definite noise at speed. And outside edge tire wear.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #18
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The wheel bearings on these carts are not sealed and need to be cleaned and regreased. Second item over time the leaf spring flattens out and cambers the wheels out. My idea untried as yet is to relocate the a arm pivot point to align the camber. I have put spacers between the leaves to increase the arc to lessen the problem. I am using trailer tires up front to minimize the edge wearing.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #19
FishSkid
Not Yet Wild

Ahhh. Creative. I like it. I will tinker some more.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!