lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2017, 08:59 PM   #11
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default re: Sound system opinions

Just solved my sub problem and I am quite satisfied. Bought a Rockford Fosgate PS8 powered 8" sub (under $200) and put it between the front and rear seats and it is a good compliment for my Wetsound 10, it's a keeper...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #12
brett1074
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
Just solved my sub problem and I am quite satisfied. Bought a Rockford Fosgate PS8 powered 8" sub (under $200) and put it between the front and rear seats and it is a good compliment for my Wetsound 10, it's a keeper...
Would you mind to post some pictures of your PS8 install? And are you still satisfied?
brett1074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #13
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett1074 View Post
Would you mind to post some pictures of your PS8 install? And are you still satisfied?

I’m selling an 8” bazooka tube with the built in 250 watt class D amp and remote. Used it for a couple months then installed a 12” sub in a sealed enclosure. It will fit behind seat back or up underneath in front of the motor. Sounds good too, I just wanted to make peoples homes shake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #14
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Sound system opinions

What sub did you go with?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #15
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 12 is an infinity reference dual 4 ohm voice coil. It needs a 1.25 cubic foot box which consumes every square inch of space above the motor. This box will not fit in a non lifted CC, or any EZGO because of how they place the batteries.

The 8” bazooka tube is a great solution for good bass that can fit into many places. I’m not a fan of the subs in the bagwell, that’s where my cooler goes...

Old 04-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #16
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
The 12 is an infinity reference dual 4 ohm voice coil. It needs a 1.25 cubic foot box which consumes every square inch of space above the motor. This box will not fit in a non lifted CC, or any EZGO because of how they place the batteries.

The 8” bazooka tube is a great solution for good bass that can fit into many places. I’m not a fan of the subs in the bagwell, that’s where my cooler goes...

Won't work for me. I have a custom shelf with an onboard Lester mounted on it. The reason I went with the Rockford Fosgate PS8 is that it does fit easily between the front and rear seat backs with no problem....thanks
Old 08-09-2018, 05:50 PM   #17
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought a couple JL 6.5's and a powered Bazooka 8" sub. Also bought the Clarion Bluetooth HU with Bluetooth. Haven't installed it yet. A little out of my league with this stuff. Will I need an amplifier? The Clarion has 50W x 4 pre-amp.

casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #18
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

An amp with built in crossovers would be much better than powering the speakers from the head unit. I have a precision power i640.5 (5 channel), it’s a class D so very small and efficient, and it works great. Less than $150 on amazon.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #19
irwinj06
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I am looking to install 2 8" marine kickers in the space between the front and rear seats. Ideally 2 cut outs in the plastic. Do you all have experience with this install? How did you mount the speakers? Does the plastic there have enough strength to hold the speakers with aluminum enclosure pods. If I don't use the pods, what did you use to seal the speakers from the elements?
irwinj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:25 PM   #20
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

The plastic should be strong enough and you will probably have plenty of room for the aluminum enclosures. I built a sealed 12” sub box (1.25 cu ft internal) mounted underneath and cut a hole in the black plastic above the sub.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!