lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #11
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Star Sirius cart owners out there...please chime in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavecruzer View Post
Thanks for the reply... sorry I didn't see it earlier. I have about 150 miles on it now and it's been great. The only issue I had since this post and probably right after was the turn signal. I used it once and I guess it got caught, when I turned the wheel it clicked really bad all the time. The dealer fixed it right away though.

Currently, I'm trying to install a light bar, its mounted and looks great, I did find 18v across two batteries, but is this the best way to do this? Or is there a power reducer somewhere? Like where the JBL speakers plug into?

Thanks!
Hey Wavecruzer I seem to recall there is a 12v outlet on your dash around
the middle section...but have forgotten as I now have an ICON I40...
check your manual as there ought to be a reference with illustration in it.

Best wishes..
Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #12
Carolkellys
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavecruzer View Post
New 2021 Ev LSV lifted and love it, steering is tight and ride is comfortable. Only issues with it so far is the headlights are not bright at all, highs are non existent and the console display is super bright!

My 2021 Star Sirius with 48v Lithium Ion battery is supposed to be ready for pick up in the next 2 weeks. Does anyone know which curtis controller is in this cart?
Carolkellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:03 AM   #13
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Best thing would be is to ask your dealer or go on the Star ev website
should be specified there...

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #14
mickg3
Not Yet Wild
Star

New 2021 Lifted 2+2 here, just finished our first week & loving it so far. We live in a resort town that gets pretty crowded in the summer so it's far easier and more fun to take the cart rather than get the car out.

I really appreciate all the great info I've gotten here already.

Had some initial charging issues which seem to have resolved themselves (we hope). Only other minor quibble is the canopy seems noisy if that makes any sense. Tightening the bolts didn't seem to help.
mickg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #15
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolkellys View Post
My 2021 Star Sirius with 48v Lithium Ion battery is supposed to be ready for pick up in the next 2 weeks. Does anyone know which curtis controller is in this cart?
The Sirius has the Curtis 1234SE 450a controller. The Capella has the 1232SE.
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 12:03 PM   #16
poolpilot44
Not Yet Wild

Ive owned my 2021 Sirius Lifted 2+2 for a few months of heavy use now and could say its an OK cart. Not bad, not awesome but ok. Build quality is average. I purchased it to ride it hard on dirt trails and get around the neighborhood as it seemed to offer a better suspension setup than competitors. We also live in a heavy cart traffic community and its been fantastic for getting around.
Pros:
1: Great suspension
2: Decent storage
3: Turn signals with indicator lights so we dont leave them on
Cons:
1: VERY VERY VERY Squeaky top. Ill need to disassemble it and add bushings EVERYWHERE!!! If youre listening Star EV fix this!!! Super annoying
2: Main display is waaaaaaaay too bright at night. Needs a dimming option
3: Seat belts are a pain and lock up the moment you stop pulling it out forcing you to retract it and start over.
4: Steering on lifted model feels like crap and also requires a larger steering wheel. This is me nit picking but still should have included a larger wheel from the factory.
5: Turn signals "sometimes" self cancel after a turn. The entire steering assembly needs a rework. Way too wobbly on bumps.
6: Front trunk latch is very cheap and will break in first week of use.
7: Brake pedal too narrow. Its far too easy to lock up the parking brake during normal braking.
Nit picking a bit, maybe. But for the price of a new car it should be much better. Feels cheap. FWIW i replaced lead batteries for a new Roypow 105ah performance lithium pack and it hauls a**. 36mph downhill and 32ish level all day long. Well worth the investment. Would I buy one again knowing what I know now...yes simply because the competition is worse for my needs :)
poolpilot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:17 AM   #17
AlgoTrdr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks poolpilot44. Very useful summary. I'm considering buying a 2022 Sirius 2+2. It seems to be one of the few LSVs that comes with a factory warranty--most of the others like Club Car, etc., need dealer-installed parts that void the factory warranty. Did this factor into your decision to buy the Sirius or am I overestimating the value of the factory warranty?

Also, should I ask the dealer to install bushings on the top to fix squeak? Is that something they normally do? Do you think the seat belt problem is unique to your vehicle or is it like that on all Sirius's?

Thanks for any feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolpilot44 View Post
Ive owned my 2021 Sirius Lifted 2+2 for a few months of heavy use now and could say its an OK cart. Not bad, not awesome but ok. Build quality is average. I purchased it to ride it hard on dirt trails and get around the neighborhood as it seemed to offer a better suspension setup than competitors. We also live in a heavy cart traffic community and its been fantastic for getting around.
Pros:
Cons:
1: VERY VERY VERY Squeaky top. Ill need to disassemble it and add bushings EVERYWHERE!!! If youre listening Star EV fix this!!! Super annoying
3: Seat belts are a pain and lock up the moment you stop pulling it out forcing you to retract it and start over.
4: Steering on lifted model feels like crap and also requires a larger steering wheel. This is me nit picking but still should have included a larger wheel from the factory.
5: Turn signals "sometimes" self cancel after a turn. The entire steering assembly needs a rework. Way too wobbly on bumps.
7: Brake pedal too narrow. Its far too easy to lock up the parking brake during normal braking.
Nit picking a bit, maybe. But for the price of a new car it should be much better. Feels cheap. FWIW i replaced lead batteries for a new Roypow 105ah performance lithium pack and it hauls a**. 36mph downhill and 32ish level all day long. Well worth the investment. Would I buy one again knowing what I know now...yes simply because the competition is worse for my needs :)
AlgoTrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:38 PM   #18
FLWestCoastBugger
Not Yet Wild

Have a new Star Sirius EV Lifted. Passed up Club Car Onward Hp for it and there are pro's and con's for sure. EV left Club Car in the dust with features and comfort so much more for the $$$. Love all the leg room the Club Car is way to cramped. Downfall to Star compared to Club Car is quality of ride and control. Club car hands down is built better so if your looking long term I would think twice but i'm not a long term person. Adjustable suspension on the EV is nice but a real pain in the you know what. If you lower rear no one can sit on back without bottoming out. Front and rear storage/ coolers are awesome. Digital display is a really nice option but can be annoying at night needs a dimmer. Led lights are real nice but i would hate to be the car coming at me. Oh the adjustable seat backs as well are super nice. One thing they need to do is separate driver from passenger that would be awesome. Star EV is so nice with all the extra features vs Club Car I will keep it and see how it goes. Soon as a better model comes out will be time for a trade anyway. EZ-go just not worth mentioning that's only reason I chose Club Car to compare with.
FLWestCoastBugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:08 PM   #19
FLWestCoastBugger
Not Yet Wild

My new Sirius was in driveway during heavy rain and wind. Got on it to go and would not move. Dash would come on but no forward or reverse. Turned on and off a few times started moving and then a little bang noise and quit again. It did the same thing several times so I switched to turtle mode and got it to move but then died again. After a while in the sun got better and now seems ok. Something gets wet not sure what.
FLWestCoastBugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #20
Spenda864
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolpilot44 View Post
Pros:
Cons:
I know this is an old thread, but the bolded part of your message interested me. I have a 2021 six seater Sirius. I like it pretty well, but have had to get the dealer to fix a few things...and you are 100% right about the squeaky roof. So, back to the bolded section. My cart is an LSV and I operate it all over town. I wish I had more speed. I really wish I had more speed on the up hills as I live in a fairly hilly area. Did changing the batteries really make that much of a difference? Was the change related to the weight reduction mostly? Thanks in advance!
Spenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay