lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
OregonMike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Anywhere Near Roseburg, Oregon, where I can find some twisties!
Default Windshield????

OK, At laguna Seca for the Moto GP races last year, and the wife managed to back over my 1970 Z50 with the cart (Had to repair gas tank to stop the leak she caused on the Z)... then catch the roof rack on a tree branch (Fixed that mount already) and then bounced it over a curb so hard the windshield poped completly off and broke on the pavement....LOL... And no, alcohol was NOT involved.... she's on GCP (Golf Cart Probation) now.

I can only find the fold down wind screens for a G9 and a G14, and I have a G8 Well I know they make one that fits, cause it had the one on it... So, anyone know which one fits.. OR, could one or two of you find folks with a G9 and /or a G14 measure the width of your windshield????

Thanks folks...

Mike from Oregon!
OregonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: Windshield????

I can't help with the windshield... but jeez, that was funny. Sounds like something I would do. Hope you find what you need.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Mike, how about the measurments YOU need? Buy the looks of your top and windsheild frame setup, should be 34/35" tall and anywhere from 39 1/2 to 40". If we cant find a "stock" replacement...could always have one custom made. And your story reminds me of Joyces attempt at riding a moped at Ocean Shores Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
OregonMike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The one that was on it was 40" wide, and looks like it was about 34" tall. It was a fold down with the lip at the top that fits into the mounts when folded down, held on with the plastic clips that attach to the frame. It was obviously a manufactured windshield and not a home made job. If that helps... I could probably get ahold of CPP and see what they say....
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMike View Post
The one that was on it was 40" wide, and looks like it was about 34" tall. It was a fold down with the lip at the top that fits into the mounts when folded down, held on with the plastic clips that attach to the frame. It was obviously a manufactured windshield and not a home made job. If that helps... I could probably get ahold of CPP and see what they say....
I beleive that would be the measurements for a stock G16/G19 windsheild. Can check tommarrow for shure. Dave
Old 04-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
OregonMike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Man, that would be awesome... just wanna get one before next year... And now I screw the clips to the frame with lil self tapping screws, so she can't bounce it off again...LOL.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The G14/G16/G19 windsheild's are 40 1/4" wide. I also measured G22 (I think it was 39 1/2", but I could be wrong. Didn't write it down and I'm old!) Hope this helped. PS I know you can get a custom one made to wahat ever you need at "Stenton's". Good luck Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha