lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #1
Udloze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default G2 long travel shocks help needed

Installing a Jake 5" lift, & 12" wheels on my g2 .
Used primarily off road would like to have long travel shocks to help taking the rough road.
Udloze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 long travel shocks help needed

I wouldn't recommend that. The single a arm suspension is not designed for long travel. The camber change while cycling through the travel is too great for good handling, and at speed can be dangerous. Steering is drastically affected and the feel is nothing less than scary.

What I'd recommend instead is a good set of stock yamaha shocks combined with 22" 2 ply all terrain tires set at 5 psi. This will give you good feel, good safety, and keep you going straight. If you set it up this way you will have a nice riding G2, or as good as it can be.

The only way to get good off road handling is to use a true long travel suspension setup. I installed an atv front end on mine, and it handles flawlessly. Another option would be to get the Jakes LT kit for your cart, by far the best money you'd spend for bolt on parts. They handle like butter.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
Udloze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Great info thank you, are the pre 2000 club cars good to to put long travel kits in them. Reason I ask we have on at my job that's been parked for a bad cable. my 88 marathon 4" lift with all terrain tires is getting old and if I had to put $ into anything I think it should be a newer cart. But I have been wrong in the past. Thanks
Udloze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udloze View Post
Great info thank you, are the pre 2000 club cars good to to put long travel kits in them. Reason I ask we have on at my job that's been parked for a bad cable. my 88 marathon 4" lift with all terrain tires is getting old and if I had to put $ into anything I think it should be a newer cart. But I have been wrong in the past. Thanks
Yeah, make sure they offer the LT kit for it. The Club Cars front stock suspension is pretty bad, you'll definitely see a huge difference in handling if you go Jakes LT. Those kits bolt right on too.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts