lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2019, 10:24 AM   #11
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit installed, now brakes are hanging up? shocks question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I just repack my wheel bearings,no need to replace them they don't really go bad. The shocks should be easy. Bushings... well... I told you so most of the time they're completely gone. at least all of the fasteners have already been touched, so getting it all apart again should be a lot easier the second time around :)
yeah luckily i did my front bushings about two weeks ago. So i had a 2 sets, I was able to do the front of the rear leaf springs with those. now I only have to do the two sets per side on the rear, hopefully those looked easier to get to than the fronts. But yes every bushing on this cart was gone. there were some pieces caught in a coupel of them but they weren't doing anything. Not surprised by shocks either.... this was a rental unit in a tourist town. probably minimal maintenance done to it

We didn't really re pack them as I wasn't at my shop and I didn't have bearings but did put some fresh grease in there and re tightened the castle nuts. Seemed like one bearing had a hard spot though it would still turn adn wasn't wobbly. Might have to find a part number and swap that one.
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 AM   #12
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWDunwoodie43 View Post
Which shocks did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In case anyone was curious, installed the advanced auto parts shocks last night. They worked good, fit great. did need a jack to lift body to squeeze them in but that was easy.

MY MAIN TIP is to just get a sawz-all and cut the old ones off at the top. I was able to get the bottom nuts off, but the top ones were a giant pain in the a$$. I'm talking that it took me 2.5 hours to do both shocks and it should have taken 25 minutes. The top nuts are hard to get to, and you can only turn 1/16 of a turn at a time, with a wrench only due to the angle. The rod is almost impossible to hold, I barely got one side with two pairs of vice grips clamped on it as tight as I could get them. Couldn't get the other side even when me and a buddy tightened the vice grips together. He said "let me help you tighten it, its not tight enough" but it still slipped. I didnt have a saws-all and he went and grabbed his - in about 30 seconds with a metal blade I had the second one out have to make sure you cut just underneath of your frame mount (between frame and the metal spacer on the rod, youll know once you look at your shocks) so you can pull the remainder out of the top.

other than that got my shocks and bushings in. Haven't driven it to see how the ride is, hopefully get my roof bracket welded today and get it back together.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #13
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

I took my shocks off in the rear and didn't replace them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #14
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
I took my shocks off in the rear and didn't replace them.

I'm not sure I would have noticed it if I didn't put in new shocks, but they were fairly easy to put in and for $40 why not
Old 06-26-2019, 04:26 PM   #15
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mostly because I was unaware there was an economical option.

passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #16
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
Mostly because I was unaware there was an economical option.

Honestly I’m not sure what they cost from club car but for around 44$ shipped to my door I got shocks for the rear from advanced auto parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #17
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's the kind of nuisance thing that happens with every project. I had a similar glitch on a 90 EZGO. I don't have any suggestions for your CC but at least you know it worked before and you can compare that to the current setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
I suppose the cable could be bound up, with just enough pressure that it won't return all the way.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts