lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #11
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anybody use folding trailers?

I too have been looking.

I want something that I feel is safe and well built. I have seen first hand the immediate aftermath of a failed trailer axle on the freeway...scary.

This is what I am very seriously considering:

https://www.alumaklm.com/utility/sin...tility-trailer

I like this model because:

-It's just big enough for my cart, yet very strong.
-Tilts
-Easy to move around by hand (only weighs 310 pounds)
-Its not unreasonably priced at $1,600.

The next size up is a pretty big jump in price and gets heavier. The only downside I see (without knowing anything about trailers) is that at only 54 inches wide there won't be much space to step on after getting the cart onto the trailer.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2017, 08:43 AM   #12
Tommy T
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just be careful You get what you pay for. I personally would never put my cart worth $$$$. on a $250 trailer, unless the insurance is outstanding and I was looking for my next cart.
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:49 AM   #13
Tommy T
Gone Wild

Club Car

The lows here in town has a few aluminum trailers, I like the fact I could haul my cart on it, and my cart can haul it. My 12 x 7 enclosed trailer holds my cart just fine, but the cart dose not like to hook to it and pull it around. I can do it but it is putting a lot of stress on the cart,
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #14
Lochlin
Gone Wild

My camp neighbor gave me one of those folding trailers. I use it around the campground for taking garbage, leafs and such to the dump. VERY light duty. I use a cart to tow it. I would never put a cart on it that's for sure.

I checked out those Lowes / Home Depot ones also. Welds looked shoddy and they just seemed light to me. Tractor Supply is the way to go OR a local dedicated trailer shop. I ended up getting a 1 ton trailer at a local shed / trailer place. American made. It's heavy.

Understand, you WILL be putting more weight in it than you intend to at some point so might as well get something good.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #15
Wild Skies
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
I too have been looking.

I want something that I feel is safe and well built. I have seen first hand the immediate aftermath of a failed trailer axle on the freeway...scary.

This is what I am very seriously considering:

https://www.alumaklm.com/utility/sin...tility-trailer

I like this model because:

-It's just big enough for my cart, yet very strong.
-Tilts
-Easy to move around by hand (only weighs 310 pounds)
-Its not unreasonably priced at $1,600.

The next size up is a pretty big jump in price and gets heavier. The only downside I see (without knowing anything about trailers) is that at only 54 inches wide there won't be much space to step on after getting the cart onto the trailer.
I, too, thought a light folding trailer wasn't enough trailer for hauling a cart.

Admittedly, I have no first hand experience with this Aluma 5410T trailer, but have been cautioned to not go with one because it requires you to back your cart onto the trailer to balance the trailer to tilt back down upon loading. This, then requires you to also remove the windshield, if you have one, so it doesn't blow out at highway speeds.

Instead, I purchased an Aluma 5410 BT, which I find perfect.

Wild Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:40 PM   #16
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Skies View Post

Instead, I purchased an Aluma 5410 BT, which I find perfect.

Nice trailer , what did that run ?
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Nice trailer Wild Skies, I LIKE that trailer!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #18
Wild Skies
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Nice trailer , what did that run ?
I bought the Aluma 5410 BT trailer from Goodrich Trailer Sales in Elk Mound, WI. I paid $1625.00 plus tax for it. This price was literally hundreds less than any other seller within 150 miles for the exact same trailer.

Incidently, FluxCapacitor mentioned that the Aluma 5410T tilt trailer that he looked at was priced at $1600. Goodrich Trailer Sales has this same trailer listed at $1275 on their website . . . it pays to shop around.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #19
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Skies View Post
I, too, thought a light folding trailer wasn't enough trailer for hauling a cart.

Admittedly, I have no first hand experience with this Aluma 5410T trailer, but have been cautioned to not go with one because it requires you to back your cart onto the trailer to balance the trailer to tilt back down upon loading. This, then requires you to also remove the windshield, if you have one, so it doesn't blow out at highway speeds....
Thanks for posting that!!!

Who told you that? I would like to talk with them to confirm. That would be a VERY big deal for me since my 2Five must be trailered facing forward (due to its non-removable glass windshield)

I might have to go with 5410BT also.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #20
Wild Skies
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post

Who told you that?
I was cautioned not to purchase a tilting trailer by two different dealers. One was a UTV and Aluma trailer dealer in Antigo, WI, the other a golf cart dealer in Omro, WI. Like I said, I have no first hand experience with hauling golf carts on tilting trailers --- only recommendations by others.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts