lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Default Jakes LT for Yamaha G29

I am still in the planning states for my build and have penciled in a Jakes LT lift. Today I saw a FB thread suggesting that Jake's quality has diminished over the last couple of years especially with the LT shocks.

Is this one of those things that if you study long enough you will find something negative about anything or is there a reason to avoid a Jake's LT kit?

The purpose for the build will be sporting clays and neighborhood putting around - no hard core off road. I am just looking to smooth out some of the bumps on the sporting clays cart paths.
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes LT for Yamaha G29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keperkey View Post
I am still in the planning states for my build and have penciled in a Jakes LT lift. Today I saw a FB thread suggesting that Jake's quality has diminished over the last couple of years especially with the LT shocks.

Is this one of those things that if you study long enough you will find something negative about anything or is there a reason to avoid a Jake's LT kit?

The purpose for the build will be sporting clays and neighborhood putting around - no hard core off road. I am just looking to smooth out some of the bumps on the sporting clays cart paths.
I believe that was my post lol I would recommend and may others will tell you the same go with allsports. They align easier and the quality is much better! You will pay a little more for it but it's worth it!

The only down side is width. The Jake's kit makes the cart alot wider but you can fix that with wheel spacers you'll need to buy 2 for the rear using the Jake's kit anyway.

My opinion to each is their own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

JK - based on your profile is yours on a CC or a Yamaha. That may or may not matter but I am trying to compare apples to apples.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I can't speak for the Allsports unit but I can for the Jakes LT. My nephew installed my LT in April 2017. I've spent a lot of time on a piece of dirt (about 100 acres) that is very rough. The land was stripped for coal and the owner is in the process of doing a proper reclamation.

I drive my cart fairly hard and for the two years I've spent on that property, the Jakes unit has held up very well. The shocks are still working fine and no metal has bent.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I have built 2 front suspensions using Jake's LT as a guide. If you want adjust ability - this is the style system you want. All you need is a magnetic degree wheel or angle finder to setup the caster - camber - toe.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keperkey View Post
JK - based on your profile is yours on a CC or a Yamaha. That may or may not matter but I am trying to compare apples to apples.
I've installed 2 both on club cars. The only components that have failed are the shocks. The rest of the components have been fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #7
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Something to consider if the lift manufacturer offers replacement parts. Some lift buyers have installed kits and needed replacements for wear items like bushings, etc and have had to search awhile for parts. It seems many are in the business to sell kits but don't support service after the sale. Buyer beware.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:53 AM   #8
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Rooster is your comment in reference to any specific manufacturer?
Old 04-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #9
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not necessarily. I ordered an AllSports drop axle lift for my TXT a year or so ago and asked if they would supply replacement parts if I bent or broke something. They said they would. That is less important for me than if you are ordering an LT with a lot more moving parts.

People on this forum inquire where to buy parts for their Fairplay carts, old Bad Boy Buggies, etc and have issues getting parts. Coming from a parts distribution background for a vehicle manufacturer, support after the sale is always on my mind.

I don't care how good the reviews are I don't buy it if I can't fix it. Murphy's Law being what it is.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts