lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2017, 05:31 AM   #1
Peter W
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 Precedent Intermittent Starting Failure

I got into my 2011 FE350 Precedent yesterday, switched on the key switch, set the gear shift to reverse, the reverse buzzer sounded, I put my foot on the gas pedal and got absolutely zero response, no cranking, nothing. I took my foot completely off the gas pedal pressed the gas pedal again and she started off just like normal. I set off for my round of golf and the same thing happened about seven or eight more times intermittently over the course of the round with the gear shift in the forward position, even after the engine had been working at normal temperature for some considerable time. All the rest of the starts , probably 80 or more, during the course of my round of golf were fine. It was a fine dry day, about 50 degrees Fahrenheit but there had been a heavy morning dew when I set off. My buggy had never hesitated to respond before yesterday, even in recent temperatures not much above freezing, and the battery charge level is good. I'm now worried that she'll refuse to respond altogether when I'm in the middle of a round of golf. Are my worries justified and are there any simple checks or fixes that I could try?
Peter W is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2017, 06:03 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Intermittent Starting Failure

Biggest thing I have seen with your issue is the Micro switch on the forward/Reverse switch. Its being activated ever so slightly, even though its not being moved out of direction it sometimes isn't activated. I'm assuming, you get nothing when you step on the accelerator, no noise, nothing. That tells us its an electrical issue. A slight bend of the micro switch arm will fix the issue.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car