lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
G-Daddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermittent Issue

I had a problem on my 2007 PDS cart for a long time and ScottyB led me down the path toward a solution when I found a bad battery. We just got through our PA deer season and another problem popped up. It is about 1-1/2 miles from the house to my deer stand. There are a couple of hills including a pretty steep one about 1/4 mile long. Close to a mile of the drive is a paved road. Every time I left the house it was on a full charge. Several days the cart would run fine and then part way there it would just stop like the foot was taken off the accelerator pedal. I would let the cart stop and lift my foot off the pedal and then it would go normally. It might do this two or three times on the trip or it might run fine the whole day. Any ideas?
G-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Intermittent Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Daddy View Post
I had a problem on my 2007 PDS cart for a long time and ScottyB led me down the path toward a solution when I found a bad battery. We just got through our PA deer season and another problem popped up. It is about 1-1/2 miles from the house to my deer stand. There are a couple of hills including a pretty steep one about 1/4 mile long. Close to a mile of the drive is a paved road. Every time I left the house it was on a full charge. Several days the cart would run fine and then part way there it would just stop like the foot was taken off the accelerator pedal. I would let the cart stop and lift my foot off the pedal and then it would go normally. It might do this two or three times on the trip or it might run fine the whole day. Any ideas?
might be jumping the gun but it could be the speed sensor under the floor next to the micro switch. could even be the solenoid dropping out. Check those for the heck of it
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:10 PM   #3
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I'm going through something very similar right now. Does yours always restart right away just by taking your foot off then back on accelerator?

My cart runs fine for days - then stops out of nowhere - then magically starts back up again. I've replaced wires - cables - splices - still happens. I am now at my controller - we could have the same issue.
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #4
j.p.f.
Not Yet Wild

is it colder when this happens?
warmer when it don't happen?
j.p.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:11 AM   #5
G-Daddy
Not Yet Wild

Just stops like someone pulled the plug. Then after letting up on the pedal and depressing it again it runs fine - until the next time it stops. Starts right up again the next time also. Some days it runs without stopping and some days not. Cool to cold and dry to wet. Doesn't seem to matter.
G-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Run the controller in diagnostic more and listen for the beep codes.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO