lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
dctaz37
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric EZ Go battery connections

I have an older electric cart with 6 batterries in series. Original all the batteries were dead so the wires were connected as we thought and when we put the charger on the cart it moved forward. After the batteries were charged overnight, the cart moved forward and when I tried reverse one of the battery connecters started to smoke and became cherry red. I disconneced all the cables at that point. There are 2 large wires and one small wire at one end of the batteries and 2 large wires at the other end. I've tried several combinations but only get sparks.
dctaz37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric.battery, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO