lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #1
93fs
Not Yet Wild

Default jakes double arm g9 lift steering

finally got the new lift on my g9. install was pretty straight forward beyond one of my tie rods being completely seized, but got that replaced and got it aligned about as close as i think i can get it with a tape measure, however now my turning radius is pretty bad (super wide) its livable but is it normal? wheels are 10x8 and tires are 22x11x10 id think having larger tires would possibly hurt the radius but i wouldnt think itd be that noticable. only thing weird i can see watching the steering itself, is when its turned to "lock" one side just stops, then the other turns another 1/2" or so and then stops when it touches the lower a arm. this is the same on both sides just opposite. it appears to just be the balljoints allowing the tierod to move a little which lets one wheel turn a little further. again not sure if this is normal or not, i didnt ever really watch it when the cart was stock

edit: not sure why the pics went sideways

'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5716.jpg (192.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5717.jpg (204.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by 93fs; 06-12-2019 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: pics sideways
93fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: jakes double arm g9 lift steering

Late to the party here

Yeah the turning radius on the single a arm lifts is kinda lacking. It's just the way the knuckles and a arms are situated.

One thing you can do is make sure you have the pitman arm centered. When you turn lock to lock, check the angle of the tire. If one side is turned more than the other you might have to recenter the pitman arm. That's about all you can do, assuming all the parts are working correctly.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #3
Udloze
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: jakes double arm g9 lift steering

Really like the bug Catcher! That's bad ***.
Udloze is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts