lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
swallander
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 Club Car Starts When Shifted Into Gear

Hello, I am new to BGW. I just picked up a 1991 Club Car DS from another guy at work. He explained to me he didn't have spark and it wouldn't run, so I got it for free from him. $9 was all it took to get it running. The only problem I have now, is that when the key switch is turned on, and I shift into either Forward or Reverse on the gear selector, the starter generator starts to run without pushing the foot petal. I don't believe the engine is idling, it is just the starter running. After the cart was running and you let off the gas, the starter will continue to keep running until you place the gear selector back to neutral or turn off the kill switch. I have played with the wiring on the microswitches from the diagrams I can find here. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks and I look forward to starting a new endeavor with my first golf cart.
swallander is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 Club Car Starts When Shifted Into Gear

in the pedal box under the seat on the solenoid there is an orange wire that is ur tickle wire to make noid work. happy hunting. by the way the wire is grounded to make noid work
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
swallander
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 Club Car Starts When Shifted Into Gear

I got it working. I had the blue and orange wires backwards on the solenoid. Once I tried that, I noticed the wires on the kill microswitch on the pedal were backwards. It would start on the gas, but it wouldnt kill. Everything seems to be working just right now. Thank you!
swallander is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car