lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2023, 11:02 AM   #1
jdubtov
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed Sensor Parts Confusion

I need a little help and this forums seems like the perfect place! I was under the impression that the golf cart I bought was a 2010 Club Car DS (also says Spartan but not sure what that means). I think I'm having speed sensor issues and based on this forum, there should be only 2 different ones, the snap it and the 2 screw "top hat" replacement. I purchased one on Amazon (10L0L Golf Cart IQ Speed Sensor Fits Club Car DS and Precedent ADC Electric Golf Cart Motor, Replaces OEM#1027049-01) but when I tried to install I noticed the screws were slightly bigger and for the replacement and the mount holes on the sensor don't exactly match my current speed sensor. The connector looks the same but it doesn't quite seem to match. I took a picture of my existing speed sensor, any help would be appreciated!
-JT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20231218_153256821.jpg (220.9 KB, 0 views)
jdubtov is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2023, 11:56 AM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speed Sensor Parts Confusion

Do you know what brand motor you have? Different motors have different speed sensors. You likely have an after market motor.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 09:24 PM   #3
jdubtov
Not Yet Wild

This is the best picture I could get without removing the body or pulling a muscle!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20231218_182750613.jpg (216.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-19-2023, 04:57 AM   #4
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is not a stock club car motor is your issue. It’s an Admiral, an upgrade, but it will have its own speed sensor specific to the motor and more expensive lol

Just google Admiral speed sensor, plenty come up.
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:45 AM   #5
jdubtov
Not Yet Wild

Much appreciated Beerman24 but not what I was hoping to hear! LOL
I'm not 100% convinced that the speed sensor is faulty, do you know if these type of aftermarket motors should still slow the vehicle down when not accelerating? I get the beeping like talked about in the sticky thread called "DS IQ or Precedent Speed Sensor Test" but the cart doesn't slow itself down, not sure if this applies with the different motor. The cart has always been difficult to stop, I don't think I've ever gotten motor braking.
Old 12-19-2023, 11:57 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It might have a speed magnet on it so that would still pass the roll test but would give no regeneration. Just a thought..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 01:32 PM   #7
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
It might have a speed magnet on it so that would still pass the roll test but would give no regeneration. Just a thought..

This. It probably does not have the Regen braking but will still beep. Same thing happens when you put a speed magnet in a stock motor.

Well how fast are you going? Lol those motors can get some speed. If it’s running fine but just tough to stop, your brakes may need adjusting or probably need new pads.
Old 12-19-2023, 03:39 PM   #8
jdubtov
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
This. It probably does not have the Regen braking but will still beep. Same thing happens when you put a speed magnet in a stock motor.

Well how fast are you going? Lol those motors can get some speed. If it’s running fine but just tough to stop, your brakes may need adjusting or probably need new pads.
It used to go quick but now I'm capping out around 8mph. Batteries are around 5 years old, just ordered a replacement multi-meter to run some checks on the batteries. Sounds like speed sensor could be ok since regen may not apply to my cart.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:18 PM   #9
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries at 5 years are in their last leg. I’d definitely start there. Your motor may need new brushes as well.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:34 PM   #10
jdubtov
Not Yet Wild

Here is what my battery readings are looking like close to 24hrs after charging.
B1: 8.60, B2: 8.56, B3: 8.55, B4: 8.24, B5:8.56, B6:8.44
Across the series: 50.90v
Those seem good to me, thoughts???

Tags
club car, parts, replacement, speed sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car