lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Default Newbe whats a clone

Hello New guy here. Been reading posts on here all week long about peoples clone swaps. I have a 92-96 club car carryall. Yes the fe290 turns ccw. Got the cart a few months back and the wife and kids love it, about 2 weeks ago lost spark and found out it was the rev-limiter I think. Put a new coil (97 & up) and took the ground wire off limiter. Cart never had any power but it was fine for them. We rode around for about 2 hours on Sunday, Took the GPS cause tach had not come to doorstep yep. Downhill all she had was 14-15 mph up hill was 9-10 mph. I thought ok all governors in place should 12 mph so I'm in the middle. Aslo with rev-limit hooked up before backfire sometimes and yes I know that aint good. Anyway having a great time carts running good. Then lost all power, nothing but starter turning. Towed it home, and flywheel turning superfast with starter and pulled plug and not a whisper of compression, I figure broke a rod aint tore it down yet. So anybody got some good build specs on putting clone in. I have read everything here about it and people are spacing the clone 1" - 2" above stock. Is there a good real # I can use since my cart is stock and going to use stock clutches. Going to keep exhaust, start/charging system. Just wondering for the correct motor plate height since my cart I cant take the back off. It's all aluminum frame and carryall welded together and I don't have a way to weld aluminum. Any thoughts Thanks a bunch and there will be plenty of pics with my build just stay tuned.
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car