lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2019, 07:39 AM   #1
rjz
Not Yet Wild

Default Parallel Nissan Leaf Modules

Hi Everyone,

I completed a conversion about a month ago and have been having very weak performance. I am thinking I get maybe 3 miles on 10 module battery (36v) which is less then my lead acid on their death bed. It seems from what I have read that the batteries must have been very heavily used. I used a bms to monitor and have kept them within safe ranges (2.85-4.08, though pack voltage was 30-40.5 so they really should have never been close to the extremes). I probably have only cycled the batteries 5 times since I have been trying to troubleshoot the weak performance. I contacted the vendor (techdirect) when 3 of modules began to swell. I think I received bad batteries. The vendor is indicating the issue is my pack configuration. I have my modules in one set, with every 2 modules paralleled. The vendor indicated that format is not safe and that I should assemble two 5 packs and hook them up in parallel. This seems to me more likely to cause balancing issues and I am unclear why it would be necessary. Can someone let me know if they are correct or if I am overlooking something?
rjz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium