lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Raised ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Yamaha g9 governor bypass

Hello everyone, new to the site. I have a 87 Yamaha g9.
I picked it up last summer from a camp ground, the guy that sold it to me left it out all winter without covering it up, so it definitely seen better days. Anyways I've been restoring it and now that I'm done customizing it for now, I need more speed and power. Any suggestions? I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the governer?
Raised ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g9 governor bypass

Check out the governor bypass sticky at the top of the Yamaha gas section. And wrlcome to BGW
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...or-bypass.html
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Or a "speed spring"?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Raised ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you, couldn't ask for any better step by step instructions. Just got done with it but now it seems to bog out on me. I took the airbox out and installed a filter to the Carb but I'm not sure if thatother little hose that goes to the airbox as well would bog the cart out. Yeah I'm looking into getting a speed spring as well :)
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raised ruckus View Post
Thank you, couldn't ask for any better step by step instructions. Just got done with it but now it seems to bog out on me. I took the airbox out and installed a filter to the Carb but I'm not sure if thatother little hose that goes to the airbox as well would bog the cart out. Yeah I'm looking into getting a speed spring as well :)
If you removed the the air box, you'll need to get a bigger main jet (more air/more fuel) I believe most members drill out the main jet with a .046 drill bit, sound right guy's? If you bypassed the govenor (cable from pedal to carb), a speed spring won't work.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Raised ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok thank you, ill have to look into it a little more before I go messing something up. Ok I thought the speed spring had to do with the clutch? Or Is that a torque spring. Sorry for all the questions, I'm new with golfcarts. But I definitely learned alot by just digging in with a wrench Haha
Old 03-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Ok thank you, ill have to look into it a little more before I go messing something up. Ok I thought the speed spring had to do with the clutch? Or Is that a torque spring. Sorry for all the questions, I'm new with golfcarts. But I definitely learned alot by just digging in with a wrench Haha
Don't be sorry for asking questions..that's what BGW is about. A "govenor" speed spring just makes the car go faster, without bypasing the govenor. The "torque spring" is installed in the seconday (transaxle) clutch for more power. With a great attitude like your's, you'll have a modified car to your likeing in no time
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
Raised ruckus
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you, I sure am glad I found this site cause everyone has the answers to my questions :) no more hours on google researching haha. well I guess tomorrow ill put the air box back on for now and focus on getting the throttle adjusted right so it doesn't back fire and bog out. I found that torque spring on eBay for like 50 bucks but I'm still trying to find a better site that sells everything I would need, any recommendations?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Thank you, I sure am glad I found this site cause everyone has the answers to my questions :) no more hours on google researching haha. well I guess tomorrow ill put the air box back on for now and focus on getting the throttle adjusted right so it doesn't back fire and bog out. I found that torque spring on eBay for like 50 bucks but I'm still trying to find a better site that sells everything I would need, any recommendations?
Yep, site sponsors here, I highly recommend www.cartpartsplus.com , Tom is a great vender. PS, smallblock is a "pimp" for CPP
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha