lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
oakridge
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G14 motor problem?

Georgia
oakridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

ok, I was wondering if it was Oak Ridge as in Tn. Good luck with your cart, you came to the right place !
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #13
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakridge View Post
Nothing terminal to case. Splines look good. The only concern I see would be light rust on the armature I guess is what it's called. The piece in the middle. also a little on the parts that wrap around it. Now that may be my problem. Not getting the full power. Now my question is, How do you take that apart to clean it? That is a strong magnet. I had a problem with my trim motor on the boat doing kinda the same thing until it quit. I took it apart and cleaned it with a wire brush and brake clean and works like new now. Can I do the same thing to this?
There are no magnets in there. (unless someone has done some rigging and put a non-golf cart motor on there. That could be the whole problem) Unless your familiar with it I strongly suggest you take it to a motor shop and let them check it. It's not really that difficult but you can damage it easily. You might have spline left but it'll still slip. A little rust is common, so is brush dust. Axles can be stripped, not that common on yamis though.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #14
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

a starter generator shop will check it and sence your ther for about $30 they will check it and put the new bearing for you
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #15
oakridge
Not Yet Wild

I took it apart last night, Cleaned it. The brushes looked really well. Looked almost new. Motor seems to have a little more pull but still has the slip. I think I may get another motor or have this one built.
oakridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha