lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
abranz
Not Yet Wild

Default help with engine mounting

Well I went nuts on my 94 medalist this weekend. I bought new leaf springs and belts but the project went a bit further. I removed the body, sanded & primed, painted it midnight blue base/clear. Came out pretty good. I cleaned the frame/floor boards and painted them with POR15 paint. Regreased front wheel bearnings, replaced rear brake shoes. For some reason I bought a timing belt so I figured I would replace it. Could not get the clutch off without lifting the engine which required removing the front mount. I tried without an impact and no luck which is why I elevated the engine. When I put it back together it seems the distance between the drive and driven clutches has decreased. Reason I say this is the belt is much easier to install/remove. I've looked at the rear engine mount points at the axle and the two bumps straddle the axle tube as they should. Can't figure this one out. Any ideas? My wife thinks I've gone crazy with this 15 yr old cart! I'm loving it. Thanks Anthony
abranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: help with engine mounting

Ruredy will be along shortly. He is the Master of the Ez Go.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: help with engine mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by abranz View Post
Well I went nuts on my 94 medalist this weekend....... When I put it back together it seems the distance between the drive and driven clutches has decreased. Reason I say this is the belt is much easier to install/remove. I've looked at the rear engine mount points at the axle and the two bumps straddle the axle tube as they should. Can't figure this one out. Any ideas? My wife thinks I've gone crazy with this 15 yr old cart! I'm loving it. Thanks Anthony

I'm going to have to agree with her, I don't think it's possible to shorten that distance given the way the mounts are.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
abranz
Not Yet Wild

Well thanks for the replies. I'll take some pictures if I can figure out how to upload them once it's all together. What a great site!
Anthony
abranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by abranz View Post
Well I went nuts on my 94 medalist this weekend. I bought new leaf springs and belts but the project went a bit further. I removed the body, sanded & primed, painted it midnight blue base/clear. Came out pretty good. I cleaned the frame/floor boards and painted them with POR15 paint. Regreased front wheel bearnings, replaced rear brake shoes. For some reason I bought a timing belt so I figured I would replace it. Could not get the clutch off without lifting the engine which required removing the front mount. I tried without an impact and no luck which is why I elevated the engine. When I put it back together it seems the distance between the drive and driven clutches has decreased. Reason I say this is the belt is much easier to install/remove. I've looked at the rear engine mount points at the axle and the two bumps straddle the axle tube as they should. Can't figure this one out. Any ideas? My wife thinks I've gone crazy with this 15 yr old cart! I'm loving it. Thanks Anthony
Pics please!!!
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO