lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
SilverBack4Jack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 14" or 12" wheels on stock Ez-Go

I have been trying to search for these answers with the search feature but I am not actually finding what I am looking for so I figure I might as well start my own thread and see what happens.

I am looking to buy some wheels and tires for my 2004 Ez-Go TXT. I dont plan on lifting the cart but have seen some real nice pics of carts sporting 14's on lo pro tires with no lift and and was hopefull to get some feedback. I tried to PM one of the guys and it took me to someone else's profile. So I am gonna see what kinda help I can get this way. On to the Questions..............

Is it possible to run a 14" wheel with lo-pro tires on a stock height TXT? The one I saw was a pearl white Yamaha and IMO it looked awesome! If it is possible without adding a lift is there any particular offset to look for? The lo-pro tire I found says 20" at one sight and 20.5" on another site. From what I have read on here the largest size on stock height was 20" so I was hoping to find someone on here that had allready tried and get their results as far as ride comfort and any rubbing with the steering and such.

I know the 12" wheel will fit without a problem and that the more rubber would give a better ride. But if the 14" wheels would fit for not much more money I might could make a sacrifice. Thanks for all of you guys help in advance.
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 14" or 12" wheels on stock Ez-Go

They say a 20" tall tire is all that will fit without a lift. That being said, the wheel size will be determined by how much rubber you want between the rim and ground, keeping the total to 20".
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
rib33024

Here's some info on the 14" wheels TerryH will have some answers for you

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...tml#post554924
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You're probably already aware of this since you mentioned one site gave 20" for the height (Diameter) of the tire you were interested in, while another listed it as 20.5".

The numbers stamped on tires are at best, very rough approximations of actual size when mounted and inflated.

Example: TerryH stated the rear tires were 205/30-14, which works out to be 18.84" tall mathematically, yet were 20.5" in diameter when he tried to fit them in the rear wheel wells of his cart.

IIRC, his cart is lowered, so 20.5" might fit okay under a stock height cart. Someone that knows for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
SilverBack4Jack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You're probably already aware of this since you mentioned one site gave 20" for the height (Diameter) of the tire you were interested in, while another listed it as 20.5".

The numbers stamped on tires are at best, very rough approximations of actual size when mounted and inflated.

Example: TerryH stated the rear tires were 205/30-14, which works out to be 18.84" tall mathematically, yet were 20.5" in diameter when he tried to fit them in the rear wheel wells of his cart.

IIRC, his cart is lowered, so 20.5" might fit okay under a stock height cart. Someone that knows for sure, please correct me if I am wrong.
Thats What i was keeping my fingers crossed for. TerryH cart is bad as heck but i figured it had to be lowered.
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #6
stevenlinkous
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have Fairway Alloys Bullets 14" with the low profile tires 205x30-14. My 99 EZ-GO TXT stock height required some cutting of the front fender area to allow for steering and minor trimming of the rear fender to prevent rubbing with passengers.
stevenlinkous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:59 AM   #7
uteswags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just a quick question probably dumb but. Here in Australia low profile tires are hard to get and not cheap. Just wondering can you fit low profile car tires on 12 inch golf cart or atv rims.
Cheers
uteswags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by uteswags View Post
Just a quick question probably dumb but. Here in Australia low profile tires are hard to get and not cheap. Just wondering can you fit low profile car tires on 12 inch golf cart or atv rims.
Cheers
Rim width is the only issue I see. Low profile tires work better on rims whose width (bead to bead) is about the same as the tire width.

IE: The sidewall width on a 205x30-12 is about 8" wide, so it would be happier on a 12" rim that is 8" wide than one that is 7" wide.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

guys......you all have forgotten one very important thing when it comes to fitting new wheels on your cart.....or any vehicle for that matter. THE OFFSET. YES. you can put both 12" and 14" wheels on your stock height cart without lifting it.....the issue usually comes into play in the front as you may rub when turning.....but with the proper wheel offset. and the required offset will depend on the width of the wheel.

you can even go to the ezgo site and find that they actually sell both 12" and 14" wheel/tire packages for stock height and theirs will work on carts that have been lowered 3".
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #10
uteswags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I understand about the offset and have some spacers already problem is for me to buy rims and tires from ezgo or any place here in aus it will cost over $1000 which is hard to justify to the woman who holds the purse strings much easier to find second hand car or atv and put second hand rubber on them that way both parties happy.
uteswags is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO