lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EMP Motor squeal/squeak

when I try to enter my garage, where the concrete is on 2"-3" high, the cart enters with the front wheels and when I try to ease the rear of the cart up the motor "squeals". This is with the cart at a dead stop with the rear wheels against the concrete and at a deap stop (two speed swithc is in speed mode). When you ease on the throttle, the motor squeals or squeaks, but the cart doesn't move becasue the cart doesn't have enough strength to enter the garage. It has the same squeal if you start off from a dead stop in the speed mode.

Mind you it didn't do this with the previous motor nor does it do this in torque mode so I know it isn't the input bearing. It kind of seams like it may be cause by some sort of high pitched electrical sparking, but it is a real light squeal. It wouild seem to me also that this motor, even thoug it is in "speed mode" would have enough power to climb this 2-3". The previous GE tin can motor had no problem.

Anyone have this same squeal or have any idea whaat it may be?? I know it isn't a bearing. A bearing doesn't squeak unless it is moving.
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO