lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Onward rear springs with lithium pack

I'm going to install a Nissan Leaf pack soon and I just know I will have to do something about the rear springs once the cart is a few hundred pounds lighter. I think the stock HD rear springs are on the stiff side as it is. Any thoughts on what may be a viable option?

Would getting a set of non-HD stock springs probably do the trick? Since the gas carts are lighter, do they have lighter springs?

I must admit this lithium conversion has been more mentally challenging than I originally anticipated. Just trying to make a final decision on a BMS and charger setup has consumed countless hours of research over the last couple weeks and I still have not actually ordered one. I lust look at the batteries in the garage everyday and smile with excitement

Side note - With all of the Lithium related threads scattered all over the place, could the mods set up a designated lithium section/forum to keep it all together? With more and more people looking to do the conversion I think it would make it much easier to do the research necessary instead of just using the search.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Onward rear springs with lithium pack

Also, I heard somewhere that Alltrax is in the works of making a BMS. Does anyone have any info at all on it? When it may be available for sale? I emailed them asking and didn't get a response, surprisingly. Needless to say since I'm happy with the controller I imagine I'd be happy with their BMS.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #3
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Also, I heard somewhere that Alltrax is in the works of making a BMS. Does anyone have any info at all on it? When it may be available for sale? I emailed them asking and didn't get a response, surprisingly. Needless to say since I'm happy with the controller I imagine I'd be happy with their BMS.
Give Scotty a try, he should know. I'm still waiting for EV battery center to crank back up, but I'm not sure they ever will, so keep me posted on the Leaf pack and performance.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does this look familiar. They are always slow about getting things released. This was posted in June on FB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19437722_1397878990266795_8878526211856433761_n.jpg (71.8 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I知 guessing that red piece is the BMS. If they have had a prototype since June I wonder why it hasn稚 been released yet.

Instead of waiting any longer I think I知 going to pull the trigger on the BMS system from Zero Emission Vehicles Australia. They seem to have the most ascetically pleasing lcd monitor interface and are cheaper than the Orion Jr. Plus the guy was super helpful through emails explaining everything and my different options. I was really hoping for an Alltrax solution since I知 guessing t will interface with the controller but I really want to get this done so I can sell my batteries before they are a year old.

Hopefully I can come up with a solution for the springs. I even emailed the place I bought my cart from to see if they have any ideas. Since the gas cart is 300lb lighter I知 hoping those springs are different and will do the trick. I知 waiting to hear back. If they are the same, I can稚 imagine how anyone drives them because the rear on my cart does not move at all over bumps unless there is two adults on the back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car