lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
ricky
Not Yet Wild

Default Engine tries to keep running

Newby here with a gas club car that the engine tries to keep running after coming to a stop. I've even cut the ignition off and pulled the plug wire off after stopping and the engine will keep sputtering for a few seconds. In some cases it will even run backwards for a few feet! I've concluded that it is preignition causing the engine to keep running??? I've checked the ignition timing, no sheared key. It has an AC Delco R45XLS plug in it and I am assuming 87 fuel. Other than the engine not wanting to stop, the thing runs like a champ! Has anybody experienced such a thing??
thanks
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Engine tries to keep running

if your solenoid is stuck in the on mode that would keep it wanting to turn over even after you stop but i couldn,t be certain that is what your dealing with but its a possibilitly...................................... ...
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
94ClubCar
Not Yet Wild

Make sure your throttle plate is closing completely (against the stop) on the carburetor when you release the pedal.
94ClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
highrollinmopars
Gone Wild

Club Car

My 92 CC is doing the exact same thing. It will not shut off immediatly and sometimes it will try to go backwards. Did you ever get you problem worked out?
highrollinmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You need to check two things.
1st-The throttle plate needs to close ALL THE WAY, not just the the screw stop but the plate has to close in the carb. Back the idle stop screw back until the throttle plate stops the rotation.
2nd-Make sure the kill micro is actually working. It's the lower one of the two stacked in the black box. Not killing the spark could cause run on.

you say pulling plug wire doesn't help so I'm leaning more toward the throttle being open drawing fuel.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum ricky......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car