lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #11
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Source for the orange Nissan leaf terminal covers?

I don't have access to a 3d printer. Also, I ordered the stuff from the nissan parts website and it's not the orange covers either. That was a wasted $15. So, I still don't have anything, but I will figure it out.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

For my build I purchased a piece of Acrylic from Home Depot. https://www.homedepot.com/p/OPTIX-11...sc__WD33376934 This product is very easy to "form" just using a propane torch and a 2x4 or any piece of scrap wood you got.

As you can see from my pic's I just have it fastened with zip ties and it's only purpose is to prevent a chunk of metal, tool, or anything that conducts current away from the terminals.

My only suggestion when working with this is if you want a "hole" in it anywhere.....don't drill it. It will crack (see my tape?) no matter how careful you are. So....want a hole?....heat up a nail punch nice 'n toasty with your propane torch and melt a hole thru it. Works like a charm and the material it "pushes" out to the hole's edges makes the hole stronger.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #13
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I ran across this seller on Ebay the other day. Wish I had found it before I got all my stuff. They have everything from batteries, bus bars, BMSs, etc, from Nissan Leafs. As well as other like products.

Hope this helps someone!

techdirectclub
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #14
folseman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quick question, and hopefully not a stupid one. I'm getting ready to replace a BMS on a custom pack I had built in China for my CC Precedent. It's 14s 48V 100ah pack built out of 18650 batteries. I use mine for hunting and considering its otherwise stock, it performs very well. However, I'm planning to either get a 4x4 Bad Boy Buggy or another golf cart and use Leaf batteries (thinking 14 cells). As I burn up my few brain cells trying to follow all of the smart folks on this forum, I have a question about BMS and cell count. I see many people using 14s BMS's with 7 and 14 cell packs. Is it due to the fact that the Leaf cells are 2s2p? I would like to error on the side of redundancy and safety.
folseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes. Each Leaf module has two cells in series (actually 4 cellls 2S2P as you said) So the difference between a 7 and 14 module pack is the parallel cells - not the series. They are both 14S so the same BMS will work.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:52 PM   #16
folseman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great. Thanks Volt_Ampere.
folseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #17
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

In case anyone wants to know for the future, I ordered what appeared to be the covers on the nissanparts website above. They are not the same. Don't think I can use them.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #18
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I ran across this seller on Ebay the other day. Wish I had found it before I got all my stuff. They have everything from batteries, bus bars, BMSs, etc, from Nissan Leafs. As well as other like products.

Hope this helps someone!

techdirectclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
In case anyone wants to know for the future, I ordered what appeared to be the covers on the nissanparts website above. They are not the same. Don't think I can use them.
You look at the seller on Ebay I suggested?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #19
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've emailed them. No response yet. They aren't for sale on their eBay store.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #20
perryj
Not Yet Wild

not sure how current this thread is but I got this from techdirectclub.com
https://www.techdirectclub.com/nissa...o-295l1-4np0a/
perryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car