lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
Harry_Yippy
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2010 Club Car Precedent Bucks

After about 30 minutes of driving; do an errand; drive another 20 minutes; the cart jerks and bucks after slowing down at a turn and accelerating up hill. I start out fully charged with 8+ readings in all 6 batteries. (TOTAL TRAVEL = 10 miles)

If I wait 30 minutes or so, I can drive another 20 minutes plus without the bucking. During the last 20 minutes and going uphill, there is a faint smell of electric wire burning. (TOTAL ADDITIONAL TRAVEL = 3 miles)

Upon my final destination, three batteries are fully charged and three readings are in the 7.83 range. I put my nose to the batteries and motor and can't smell anything.

I bought the cart used which the seller said has a high speed motor. When it runs continuously, it can go at a maximum speed of about 24 mph.
Harry_Yippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Club Car Precedent Bucks

Welcome. I'm sure others will chime in but I think you need to give a little more info. IQ or Excel? Tire diameter? Battery age? Type of motor? etc.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #3
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Serial number would help a lot
Year Chart.jpg
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I'll start the bid on bad battery or batteries. Or cable connections
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #5
Harry_Yippy
Not Yet Wild

It's a Club Car I2 Excel with 10" Tires; and six Trojan Batteries which are 2 1/2 years old; and the Motor is provided from D&D Motor Systems (Model 170-506-0002R). The motor replaces the D390 and eliminates Regen and can get speeds up to 24mph.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now we are getting somewhere. One more thing, 10" is the wheel diameter. We need the tire size or diameter. If it is a stock size tire ( around 18" diameter) we need to know. If it is a larger tire, it changes the rear gear ratio causing the motor RPM to change at speed.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #7
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

vote #2 for batteries , i know my scooters get a low battery or deep discharge from running and they will buck , then let it rest for awhile and back up and running , its the controller cutting in and out due to voltage threshold drops

also be sure to check all connections sometimes this can be a problem of a corroded connection causing resistance putting up a false battery problem
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #8
Harry_Yippy
Not Yet Wild

The tire sizes follow:

Rear: 205/65 - 10"

Front: 215/60 - 8"
Old 01-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #9
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Based on everything you said, I'll have to agree with others. I think you have one or more bad batteries. You need to load test them individually but replacing the bad ones only is not advisable. Have the batteries been maintained properly? Have you checked the water levels? Also are there any corroded connections?
Old 01-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #10
Harry_Yippy
Not Yet Wild

I purchased the cart from husband/wife retired physicians a couple of months ago. They seemed the type who would maintain the cart regularly. It has a "squeeze ball" watering system for the six batteries. The batteries are all Trojan and I did have a bad cell in one battery which I replaced in December.

After reading the specs from D&D (High Speed Motor Supplier), they recommend 4 gauge battery wires. I just replaced my 6 gauge with 4 gauge this afternoon and will test it out tomorrow under a load.

Tags
bucking, bucks, jerks, slow up hill
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car