lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
turbotexas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Let's get this Pink EZ GO running right!

Hey I am a proud new owner of a 1998 txt ez-go... and yea it is Pink??? Long story short My 13 year old son races Motocross and he "had to have it"!!! Before We get into all the snide comments about the Pink watch this clip of me 20 years ago!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h20EgSXDmA
Would be kinda hypocritical of me to tell my son anything huh??? LOL! An introduction to My son... http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Member...9/Default.aspx
OK, back to the task at hand! We want to get this little 36 volt golf car juiced up and jacked up! This thing as it is, stands out and that's what We want! If you are unfamiliar with MX It is an expensive sport! I found this out AFTER I promised the kid we'd "get er done" if his grades were right!!! They were!!!
We want this golf cart to serve two purposes! First to get us around the various MX tracks through out Texas, Oklahoma and beyond! Number two reason is to use this as a promotional tool for my Son's Sponsors! That's where we need the help and advise from the experts here! I am a regular contributor on another forum specific to the old Honda Pilot's and Odyssey's www.pilotodyssey.com
First thing We'll have to do is get a lift kit and tires. I am hoping some suggestions regarding the different products will come forward!
Do the kits with 4 tires have a way to get more rear clearance over what the tires provide?
Is there a block of some kind that lifts the rear included?
I have the rear facing seat, but am not sure if the previous owner had installed the heavier springs??? Are there certain markings I need to look for?
For trail riding on an electric cart, is the a-arm front end worth the extra $$$
I was told the batteries are 2-3 years old So I am thinking of replacing the 6 volters with 8 volt x 6 to give me the 48 volt I have read on here... Just couldn't find if my 36 volt charger will work with this battery setup!!!

Thank You for taking the time to read this!!!

David & Dakota

Pic's will come as soon as I figure out how to get them off the phone!!!
turbotexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides