lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default 1st 670 Run

Here are a couple of vids, the 670 being put to the test. I had made a sand trail, and decided to make a video, the main tracks you see are from were i had made passes prior to filming, once the cart is moving at speed the tracks are what you use to stay on course, the vid make not look fast, but 670 is actually going over 20 in the sand.

ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2021, 04:58 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 1st 670 Run

It's done and it runs
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

It's definitely not the Vanguard, but it was able to make its way through some pretty nasty dunes and some pretty soft sand.

On the second run, i let it run hard w.o.t. (wide open throttle) most all of the time, except were it was rough

Old 01-18-2021, 06:22 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Not bad for a basically stock engine. Did you modify the carb at all ? It doesn't sound like there are any flat spots or missing ? Sounds pretty quiet too
Old 01-18-2021, 07:03 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I like it when the sun it to your back and your shadow shows you holding your phone out to the right I was cracking up....I've so done that before! Cool vids! Wish I could come ride down there. There's snow on the trails here. All the mud ruts are frozen and too bumpy.

No wonder you need power and revs. That sand knows how to suck the torque right out of the tires. Sand dunes are really fun.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Ray,
I not really good at talking carbs, i only know what I know because of "Shepherd" but this is what i had to do, what ever those jets are called, they are covered with like aluminum drops, and you have to pry those out to get to where you can actually make the proper adjustments. But once you get those right she screams from off idle to w.o.t. with no problems at all!!!! There is no stumbling at any rpms wich is actually very nice,
Running the sand dunes like I do is a real test of torque,this motor makes that transition smooth even under a heavy load!!! There were a couple of places today that were excessive, just at the moment when i thought it was going to bog down it just kept chugging and chugging, my buddy was running 500cc durolast, and he bogged down a few times. the 500cc could not even turn the tires once he came to a stop, he literally had to get off and work the gas pedal while pushing to get going again. now we are talking about nasty sugar sand, so i am cutting him a break, the 670 stop right to him each time he bog down and was able to start off again there are a couple of places where I got stuck because the tires were actually spinning digging deeper trenches than I wanted it was always on a steep incline where you ran out of momentum, and it just start digging, no bogging like my friends....
I hit it out of the park, when it comes to the throttle linkage setup perfect, just Enuff spring action can make it very responsive from any RPM.
And yes this is basically a stock motor, yes I did cut the governor, and added a rev kit, just because i really dont just cruise, wide open everywhere i go!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2021, 07:50 PM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I think you have done a great job clearly showing what a budget built 670 acts like. Love them engine swaps whatever they are
Old 01-23-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Funny thing about the 670, i live in a neighborhood full of golf carts, and when you go blowing by them, most want to look under the seat, i tell them that 670 is fast, you can see there eyes light up, as if they could build it....what i fail to mention is this cart has 6:1 gears with the governor removed.....
With that said, i tell them, o ya it's real easy to put in, that way they bring it to me, to fix the mess they created, at $30 an hour....
I used this same strategy with the Vanguard, and it work on a couple of neighbors... i hope it works for the 670..... cause i want to buy a Yamaha G something......
Old 01-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Funny thing about the 670, i live in a neighborhood full of golf carts, and when you go blowing by them, most want to look under the seat, i tell them that 670 is fast, you can see there eyes light up, as if they could build it....what i fail to mention is this cart has 6:1 gears with the governor removed.....
With that said, i tell them, o ya it's real easy to put in, that way they bring it to me, to fix the mess they created, at $30 an hour....
I used this same strategy with the Vanguard, and it work on a couple of neighbors... i hope it works for the 670..... cause i want to buy a Yamaha G something......
Hahaha!

But uh.....$30 an hour? That's too cheap man!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #10
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

$30 an hour, is so very cheap, but hey.....if you work really slow....it comes out to be $60 hour!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!