lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #11
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Default Re: building 2 more 72V carts

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...49#post1784749

heres a start at some we have talked about.

The Red comparator with addition of a relay is used for charging shutdown and low voltage shutdown.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-Red...-/323746518582
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2021, 05:26 PM   #12
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

i agree that i dont need 650A my concern is if i hit the gas hard i might get a .5 sec surge of 650A and the BMS will shut down the battery. in your system what's your peak amps at full throttle?
keepinitreal538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Morvolts2,

So you have one of those Red comparators on each cell?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #14
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Hi Morvolts2,

So you have one of those Red comparators on each cell?
no
just for the total pack
I have the low voltage alarms for each cell.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:06 PM   #15
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

My BMS can take 500A for 10 seconds, 350A for 30 seconds, and 200A continuously.
I have set my controller to limit the amp output to 200A with the speed limited to 40 mph, and have no trouble maintaining that on level ground and never drop below 37mph climbing our East Tennessee hills 😁
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:57 AM   #16
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Morvolts2,

The Red comparators you linked to are for either 12v or 24v. What is your pack voltage?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:39 AM   #17
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Hi Morvolts2,

The Red comparators you linked to are for either 12v or 24v. What is your pack voltage?
they offer other voltages
that build was 12S(48V)
doing another that will be 72V.
The voltage range is good up to 100v
its the voltage required to run the metering.
Newest build I may need to tap a voltage lower than 72v.
No big deal as if IIRC its 15 mV that is consumed.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:25 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are better units that don't use those small "ice cube" relays and can be directly powered from the pack. They are also cheaper and available from Amazon prime:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...G8TSLEZQ&psc=1
I don't understand why You like to criticize "Chinese" stuff but link to and use it yourself for safety functions.

So You have this whole kludge of individual cell alarms and a overvoltage monitor and still have no overvoltage protection at the cell level.

A simple BMS is a lot cheaper, around $30, and would provide not only your "alarms" but would also stop the charger if a cell gets overvoltage during charge and disable the cart if a cell gets under voltage during driving.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:28 AM   #19
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

dougrobling what BMS are you using?
keepinitreal538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #20
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal538 View Post
Hello Everyone, So to jump right in, this is where I'm at. im going to be building a second and third 72v clubcar DS. I have someone building me a pack for mine current cart now but turns out people at hunting camp (my dad and friend) are both jealous lol. And they want one too. So my first question is how many of you are running 600 plus amp controllers? the controller I bought is 650A and plan to buy the same for there builds, but most BMS's i see dont go that high. how are you guys getting around that?.

I did find this https://www.electriccarpartscompany....y-packs-choice but its only 600A will this be a problem? does anyone know of a better option for a 72V 24S battery? also if you look at the manual on page 25 it talks about a "relay delay time board." is this needed in a golf cart? and can someone explain why?

next i was going to put leaf modules in but do to the age of them and the unknown condition of used modules i decided to go new. i found these https://www.electriccarpartscompany....ncased-battery and i really like them for a couple of reasons. all explained in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buNxclZixuU they are rated for 600A peak and 200A continuous discharge which seems to meet my needs quite nice. that and they will fit right into the DS battery treys. again if anyone knows another option feel free to let me know. im going to give this thread a week or 2 before i order anything, but ill post all my progress as i build it.

last is a simple one is a charger a charger? i plan to just find i middle of the road 24S 87.6V charger. anything i should look for?

Last. I do plan to buy everything from allibaba so the price will be much less then the links.

So did you buy the 60Ah batteries or the 100Ah ones?

Have you installed them in your battery trays yet? I’m looking at the 100Ah cells for my 48V DS and it appears I would have to split them between 2 trays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car