lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #1
Money2188
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Rear differential "Fuji" and serial number model year question club car DS

My serial number says AG853485112
Thay should mean Gas cart built 34th week of 1985 correct?

Would that make it an 86 model?

Reason I ask is I'm putting in new rear axle seals and I keep seeing Fuji rear ends come up.

Were Fuji rear ends only on Electric models or gas models as well?

Also had planned on doing a V Twin swap and I see Vegas carts says 86-96 but may have clearance issues on 84-85 models with Fuji rear differential.

Any way I can tell if mine is or isnt a Fuji rear end?

Thanks
Money2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2021, 03:00 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Rear differential "Fuji" and serial number model year question club car DS

No, it's an '85. Post up a good pic of your cart's rear transaxle.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:26 PM   #3
Money2188
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rear differential "Fuji" and serial number model year question club car DS

I'm not really sure how to post any pictures on here or I definitely would

I looked at some of the Vegas carts pictures and my rear end looks identical to the pictures for the 86-96 kit
Old 01-12-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

When you post a reply here, look at all the little icons on the screen where you type out your reply (above the text box where you type). You'll see a little paperclip icon, that will allow you to attach an image.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:32 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2188 View Post
I'm not really sure how to post any pictures on here or I definitely would

I looked at some of the Vegas carts pictures and my rear end looks identical to the pictures for the 86-96 kit
Hey Money. If you are not "really sure" how to post a picture I would figure out how to do so. You have experts trying to help you.

Click on "go advanced" and follow the instructions, or do it the way suggested.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #6
Money2188
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think I got it figured out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210111_155823.jpg (149.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210111_155830.jpg (160.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210110_123942.jpg (195.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210110_123949.jpg (181.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #7
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Ok from here it looks like you may have the Fuji axle. I've been looking for a picture to compare the Fuji and Kawasaki axles for some time now, and this may just be what I'm looking for.

Pictured below is your axle (on the left) and the axle in my 1990 Club Car (on the right). Your setup seems to have the same transmission (the upper part close to the driven clutch) ...but a completely different axle pumpkin.

I also have a 1987 cart that has the exact same axle as the 1990.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:00 PM   #8
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

From looking at the pictures, my guess is that there may be a clearance issue with the older Fuji axles for big block motor swaps because the Fuji axles are bulkier up top and have a larger shift cable bracket. The newer axle in my '90 uses a smaller plastic cable bracket that mounts more towards the back (away from the motor), while yours is a large, steel bracket, mounted slightly more forward and also closer to the driver's side of the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car