lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 AM   #1
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Engine and Parts Recommendations

If you are new to the golf cart big block scene, you are probably searching this forum for advice on what engine to choose.

When reading someone's post, it's important to consider which engines they have used and why. Most threads you find will be someone who has only used one engine, whether it be a clone, Vanguard, Predator, motorcycle engine, etc. Very few have used several different engines. Even fewer have used several different engines in the same cart. Look for an honest and objective opinion, not someone who bashes and ridicules.

My advice: Don't take anyone's recommendation to use an engine or a performance part that they have never used themselves. Also, just because someone shows you where to find a part or an engine, doesn't mean they personally recommend it. Always ask if they have used it. Ask what their experience is with it. Do not take what they say as gospel, but analyze it and research. You'll find the answer you're looking for.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of gearheads here that know a lot about engines and mechanics. Their opinions and tech help is invaluable on this forum, no doubt. But personal recommendations should not be thrown around like it has no value. Personal recommendations are like gold here. It's our reputation.

Personally, I have had a ton of good experiences on this forum. Lot's of good people with good feedback and advice. On the flip side, I have had a few that have an opinion so strong that if you don't do what they say, they get ticked off and insult you.

If you find someone who insults you or grinds your gears, you have the option of placing them on the "ignore" list. That way you won't see their posts and you won't get insulted. It works well.

Good luck in your engine upgrade project!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lao Tzu you know what you want.jpg (37.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg advice quote oscar wilde.jpg (293.2 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2021, 05:42 PM   #2
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Engine and Parts Recommendations

Well said Andy
And like you said do you homework explore all the options and find out what’s best for your individual ride
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:26 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
Well said Andy
And like you said do you homework explore all the options and find out what’s best for your individual ride
Thanks bud.

I see way too many people making recommendations on parts and/or engines they've never used or worked on. I'm far from an expert, and do not claim to be an engine builder, but I also don't pretend to be an "Aurical" pardon me "Oracle" I also don't follow people around and contradict their posts and try and find a mistake in their words. Those are the "know it all" types, that have to be right for them to feel better. Those are the people I put on the ignore list. I avoid those people like the plague or like Covid19 .

This forum is full of opinions. It's up to the members/and readers to read the info and determine their own opinions, and to decide what is best for them.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:30 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Why do some people think that "their engine" or "their cart" or "their modifications" are the best?

It's that narrow thinking that sets a limit to our abilities. If we set limits on what we think is "the best", aren't we discouraged to improve? I mean if we think we have reached the peak of perfection, why would we want to be any better?

The truth is, regarding golf carts, that there is no "BEST". No one has the perfect cart in everyone's eyes. There's always someone that looks at our builds and threads and don't like what they see. It's like flavors. Which one is best, chocolate or vanilla or....?? There's no answer. So why argue and get upset. Just accept that others are not like you.

I say this....
Always ask questions.
Always look for a better way.
Listen to those who have tried.
Learn from their mistakes and successes.
Recognize that there is "No Best".
Determine what is right for you.
Strive for constant improvement.
Have fun doing it.

If it's not fun.....why do we do it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!