lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 10:39 PM   #21
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LED Kit for Clubcar DS with Factory Lights

There is no cutting the LED unit replaces the existing conventional headlight unit (items 10 an 20 below).

Light 2.JPG

Don't forget the pigtails https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQ6T8HP...ing=UTF8&psc=1

wire.JPG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Light.JPG (28.0 KB, 0 views)
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2021, 09:29 AM   #22
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Perfect Thank you!

Is there anything similar for the rear run/brake signals.
hrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #23
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, given you already had front lights I'm going to assume you also have rears. I which case these worked well for me - CLICK HERE

If you want to replace the bezels, just google "club car ds rear taillights led" and pick something that looks like what you have currently, some have two screws, others four.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:50 PM   #24
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, yes we have rear lights, run/brake, those would install in the stock two screw housings.

Would it be a good idea since eventually we'll run LED lights under the body, perhaps a BT unit and speakers for sound, etc to get a voltage reducer.

If so what is a good unit, I see on the link for the LED lights they have several, and we have a 48V cart. Might as well add it to the order if we are going to need it.

Link to Reducers
Old 01-20-2021, 03:53 PM   #25
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Actually have the 4 screw black housings, so I ordered the two lens you suggested for the rear from Golf Cart Garage. hopefully they will ship soon and I can complete the lighting portion of the project this weekend.

The Pig Tails came in today, waiting still on the headlights, they are "estimated" for delivery tomorrow..
Old 01-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #26
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns18 View Post
Yes, given you already had front lights I'm going to assume you also have rears. I which case these worked well for me - CLICK HERE

If you want to replace the bezels, just google "club car ds rear taillights led" and pick something that looks like what you have currently, some have two screws, others four.
Bought the LED lights suggested, pulled the stock units out, two screw housings, three wires on the LED, is there a trick, lights worked, checked with meter, power is there on the single white wires which should be run, connect the led and nothing....
Old 01-23-2021, 09:38 PM   #27
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default LED Kit for Clubcar DS with Factory Lights

Some images of the connections, cart has lights already factory/dealer installed.

Front LED's installed without problem its the rears that I have issues with.

Left Side (Drivers) Harness

Right Side (from rear) Connected

Left side Lit (have to connect old 1157 metal light

To get that light led to work the old 1157 metal light has to be connected to the opposite harness
Old 01-23-2021, 10:19 PM   #28
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK, I can see you have a two filament bulb, so you have taillights and brake lights. The LED unit should work fine, you just need to figure out the vehicle wiring, then connect to the LED unit.

I would suggest you disconnect the rear lights, release the park brake and turn on the light switch. Probe the wires on one side of the vehicle until you find which two have approx 12v across them. Note which is positive (taillight feed) and which is the negative, the third one must be the brake light feed. Repeat on other side.

Now you should be able to connect the LED's - I would assume:
Black - negative
Red = Taillight
White = Brake light

Good luck
Old 01-24-2021, 12:01 AM   #29
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default LED Kit for Clubcar DS with Factory Lights

Thanks.

I did that first checking the wires and wired it accordingly as suggested

I’ve wired leds on older motorcycles and they have similar issues generally on the turn signals since the older turn signal modules don’t get resistance back from the led unit like it expects from a 1157 bulb we had to install an in line unit to mimic the 1157 bulb to the module. Of course I don’t have turn signals so in theory the running lights should work regardless.

I agree that the led bulbs should light as running off the wires.

When you installed them before was it using a club car harness did it have brake lights?

Plan on chatting with the company on Monday if I can’t solve it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2021, 07:57 AM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OEM harness colors are:
Black = negative (both sides)
Brown = +12v tail lights (both sides).
White = +12v Driver side brake/turn signal (typically red on the tail light assembly)
Yellow = +12v Passenger side brake/turn signal (typically red on the tail light assembly)
It looks like White is the common tail light wire in your assembly that needs to connect to brown in both sides.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car