lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2020, 11:39 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 670 HF Vtwin for $699

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
I actually thought 606$ was a good buy, and a no brainer. I am setting it up as a backup engine, the Vanguard will still be the primary, hoping i
can make the wiring for both engines the same!!

The idea is to be able to take one out, and drop the other one in, with out much hassle.
You might be the very first member of the forum to do this! I like it!!!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #12
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I will have that 670 in the cart running like a top before my dang Parts show up for the Vanguard!!!

It's a close race, which will it be, parts are in Charlotte North Carolina, 670 is on the bench ready to go, still need to work out the throttle cable, which will it be??
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:50 PM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see the 670 is back on sale until 1/28/21 for $659 with coupon
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:59 PM   #14
K.tran2103
Not Yet Wild

Just put a predator 670 in my cart. Wife wants the start stop back lol. Any of y’all have any idea on how to do that?
K.tran2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:57 AM   #15
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Cool Re: 670 HF Vtwin for $699

I am trying not to smirk, shaking head sideways, my wife said the same dang thing!!!!
I lied my a$$ off, and played her weaknesses against her, told her the motor would get better gas mileage, and the starter would last longer, hangs my head in shame....
My wife loves to save money, a real tight wad...
After a week or so, she actually got use to it.....that was 3 motors ago, now when i drop a motor in she asks, it is going to idle right????
Good luck with that......
I only lied cause i could never figue out how to make it stop, start, to many micro switches....that i ripped out during my first build.
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:17 AM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Even if you could work out the switching I wonder how long the starter would last with that kind of use ?
Old 01-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.tran2103 View Post
Just put a predator 670 in my cart. Wife wants the start stop back lol. Any of y’all have any idea on how to do that?
Well you have to put the starter/gen back in, that's the tricky part with a mount and a way to get the belt tight. With that you need a V pulley behind the primary clutch, they are available aftermarket and at hardware stores. Reinstall all the wiring from the starter/gen and key and pedal etc. Then you have to wire in the kill switch of the engine to the pedal kill switch.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:39 AM   #18
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I was just going to add somewhere on BGW someone put an S/G on a Vanguard. I have not seen it done on the larger bodied 670 BUT in the more spacious engine bays of the work carts it is probably more doable. One other note on that is your primary clutch is a 780 type as way back Aaron from VC didn't think the S/G pulley would fit behind the larger CVtech clutch as a bolt on.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:01 PM   #19
PharmGuy85
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Got mine yesterday day, and 20% off ,the 699,
When the smoke cleared 606 out the door.
Not bad for a 22....

The only mods I want to do, remove the governor by cracking open the case, and cutting it,
Maybe a different muffler, and remove all the extra crap so I can set my throttle cable up direct.
ProjectClubCar, I want to get the Predator while they are on sale with the coupon for $659. I need to see if I can find a super coupon, but do you know if i can use two coupons online (the coupon for the engine sale price and an additional coupon)? or do I need to join the insider club so the first coupon for the motor sale price is already taken into account?

It'd be nice to get an additional 15-20% off the $659
PharmGuy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:51 AM   #20
BBCHAMPs
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGuy85 View Post
ProjectClubCar, I want to get the Predator while they are on sale with the coupon for $659. I need to see if I can find a super coupon, but do you know if i can use two coupons online (the coupon for the engine sale price and an additional coupon)? or do I need to join the insider club so the first coupon for the motor sale price is already taken into account?

It'd be nice to get an additional 15-20% off the $659
I'm wondering the same, but with the few associates I've spoken to in store, doesn't seem possible. I'm new here but I'm collecting parts and doing a bunch of research to build up my 91 club car ds. As time goes on I'll be making a build thread on it
BBCHAMPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!